Oceana Airshow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceana Airshow?

Any fellow JP members planning to attend the Oceana Airshow this coming weekend at Norfolk, VA? Should be a good weekend, drop me a note if anyone is planning to be there. Thanks!

http://www.starnesphoto.com/aviation
    [LAX / IAD Update 2.27.07]

I'll be going to the NAS Oceana show. The tomcat is my favorite military aircraft. I've never seen one fly, and since this is the last tomcat flight performance I made sure that I was going!

Cant wait!

Comment

You'll enjoy it...the F14 puts on a killer show. Don't be suprised if there are some suprises this year as well Have fun!

http://www.starnesphoto.com/aviation
      [LAX / IAD Update 2.27.07]

Comment

What, do you know something your not saying?

Comment

I was hoping the cat wouldv'e broken the sound barrier today since it was the final airshow flight but it didn't. A bit close but unfortunatly it was a no-go. Oh well, at least I got to experience 2 F-14s breaking the sound barrier last year in the Pacific.

Kevin

Comment

I thought it was illegal to break the sound barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              If im not mistaken i think its illegal to break the sound barrier when over land but over the ocean/sea/water i think you can. Well knowing what i know about the concorde, it could only break the sound barrier once it was over the Atlantic ocean and as it got closer to land it braked sufficiently to slow it out of the sound barrier etc.

But then i could be wrong and im sure someone will come along and correct me or add to my above comment.

Comment

How much does it cost to go to this show? I was just looking at the web site and it looks like a great show. All the ticket info is "Unavailable" now though. If anyone could give some prices and maybe what each one includes, I'd be much appreciative.

Comment

How do they do this airshow over the ocean?

Comment

I'd guess the same way they do over a lake. Spectators line up along the shore and the planes do their stuff out over the water.

Comment

I'm sure they did it over the runway there at NAS Oceana. They do an airshow over the beach in Pensacola though, or at least they used to.
                      Wayne Dippold

Comment

My friend took his B-25 down, did any of you happen to shoot it? It's Panchito.
                        Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Alex,

I'll be seein Panchito this weekend in Gainesville for the Central Florida Airshow. Its suppose to fly so I'll make a picture of it for ya!

-Adam

Comment

It is...but a few ocassions, fighter pilots have done it over land. Just expect to get an ass chewing by your skipper and a lot of civilians complaining.

For every deployment you go on, on an aircraft carrier and her carrier strike group, the CAG will put on an airshow for the crew members, friends, and family to watch, usually the last week of the cruise. You watch the airshow from the flight deck of the ship and they will have a demo for each aircraft. The airshow is only approx. 30 minutes, but usually one type of aircraft will break the sound barrier, usually it's the F-14 tomcat, but now it'll be the 18E/F. My last deployment, it marks the end of the final F-14's pacific cruise, so they had a ceremony where two F-14s in formation breaking the barrier. Awesome sight.

Originally posted by CorporateAv8r
                            My friend took his B-25 down, did any of you happen to shoot it? It's Panchito.
                            I saw her land on Friday. No, I didn't get to take a shot of the B-25.

Kevin

Originally posted by Genessee
                            How much does it cost to go to this show? I was just looking at the web site and it looks like a great show. All the ticket info is "Unavailable" now though. If anyone could give some prices and maybe what each one includes, I'd be much appreciative.
                            The airshow and parking is free. sorry bud, the airshow was over two days ago.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by gocaps16
                              The airshow and parking is free. sorry bud, the airshow was over two days ago
                              I know, I was wondering for future reference..

Comment

Working...
                              X