Heading to BDL on OCT 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to BDL on OCT 4th

My dad and I will be flying into KBDL (Hartford, CT) on October 4thish to visit some family. Knowing me, I will want to do some hardcore spotting at BDL! Looking at the pictures on here and the other site I have found that the traffic is just a little heavier and bigger than here at BNA, which I like.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is anyone here that is from there or has been there that can point me in the right direction as to where to spot from. Any trouble with the police? Easy to access the areas?

If any of you are from around there, it's be cool to have a spotting session
    Bobby DeBarge
    www.debargephoto.com
    http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
    1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

I asked mi amigo and he said he had no luck shooting there but Im sure we can find a spot....

Anyone from the area want to join us?
    Ryan Davis
    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
    www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
      I asked mi amigo and he said he had no luck shooting there but Im sure we can find a spot....

Anyone from the area want to join us?
      ME

Comment

Right here! I spot at BDL and live about 15 minutes north of it. I always have trouble finding spots to photograph. Very hard airport to get close to the runway and get good shots. The only places I know of that you wont have problems with the police kicking you from off the side of the road is at the Dirt parking lot at the end of Runway 6. Its not a bad spot but most of the time there landing on 24. Another spot is at Bradley Bowl on the main road by the airport. Anything landing Runway 33 goes right over you in the parking lot. They use 33 a bit but Rwy 24 seems to be most used.
        Ryan Parent
        *Aviation Newbie*

Comment

For runway 6 there is a spectator lot on route 20.
          For runway 24 go to Kelly Container Company's lot on route 75 (weekends only, when nobody is there)
          For 33, any of the lots near Friendly's on route 75.
          On any of the permiter roads to mean CSP will come out to get you.

That being said, the last several times I went to BDL (I live about half hour away) I almost died of boredom, so I left. One of the best times to go is in the morning when winds are from the north. With winds from the north runway 6 will be in use and you can go to the Subaru dealership on route 75 and watch from there the sun will be at your back too. In the morning there is better amount of traffic.

If you can try to get up to BOS, about 1.5 hours drive up I-84 and the Mass Pike. There are some nice spots there where the police can't bother you. The only thing I don't like about BOS is when they land on 33L. That approach is all over water and useless for any photos. All the other runways though have spots you can go to that are ok.

Comment

Working...
          X