European Spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Spotting

Well, looks as though i'm off to Europe for a vacation and of course there will be plenty of spotting time in there. The question is, where to go?? So i thought i would put the question to the good folk here at JP. What is your favourite airport in Europe for spotting and why?? If it helps at all, i will be around in February so if an airport is better than others that time of the year, let me know.

Cheers
    Brendan

Well, the usual suspects are of course AMS, CDG, FRA, LHR, ZRH and some more. Should you decide to visit ZRH, drop me a note.

OH, BTW, on some of the mentioned airports it can be quite cold in February

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Copenhagen offcause If you want to get the SAS A330/A340 and MD80's CPH is the place. You can get most of them i a day, so if your trip goes through CPH let me know. I would also agree with Gerardo!

PS: Its very could here in February
      Regards
      Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

AMS, ZRH, INS, FRA, LHR, CDG, Madrid, the usual biggies.

I would try MAD and LIS for their interesting visitors from South America and Africa.

AMS has some great photo spots and you would not want to miss INS in the winter. ZRH is also great.

FRA will be nasty spotting wise. As the spotting terrace gives you constantly backlit shots, you will have to move to s spot close to the runways, with leaves you wit hthe airport fences on one side and an highway on the other. Propabyl not very comfortable given a typical German day in Feburary.

Should you come to DUS which has a nice CRJ collection, some TU-154s and a nice and warm spotters area, where you only need to go outside to take the picture, let me know.

Comment

Speaking of spotting in cold temperatures ......

Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Regards
            Soren Madsen

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
              Copenhagen offcause If you want to get the SAS A330/A340 and MD80's CPH is the place. You can get most of them i a day, so if your trip goes through CPH let me know. I would also agree with Gerardo!
              Yes OFCOURSE Guys let me also knows if you plan to pass by CPH.

PS: Its very could here in February

Yeah it can be very COLD here in Feb or Marts..
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Damn I spell as bad as I screen
                Regards
                Soren Madsen

Comment

I'm based at LHR and would be happy to show you the best spots if you come here-but don't forget MAN, I think most JP crew members consider MAN to be their local-except or all the Aussies

Matt
                  My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

I'll be glad to guide you guys around if you ever come to denmark and you get to meet some of my female friends too

Janni. How bout that. They should meet danish girls..
                    Jesse Nielsen / Cimber Air F/A

Offers Dreams and Experiences To People Around The World..

If I'll Be Flying The Long Distance, ANA Would Be My First Choice....

Comment

Working...
                    X