Maple flag 2006 dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maple flag 2006 dates?

I have checked a few websites, including fencecheck.com but cannot seem to find the dates for the 2006 Maple Flag.

I am interested in the dates for each period of the event, especially the dates for the open house.

Anyone know of any websites where I can find that info, it would be appreciated. I'm trying to start planning the trip out there next spring, but am having trouble finalizing dates because I can't find any specific information.

Thanks
    Last edited by medic1; 2005-09-25, 17:14.
    Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
    EF 50mm 1.4 USM
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 28-135mm IS USM
    EF 70-200mm f4L
    EF 100-400L IS
    1.4X II Teleconverter
    Canon 420EX Speedlite
    Canon 430EX Speedlite
    Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

I haven't been able to track anything down. I'm not completely sure if the dates have been released yet. This might give you a decent idea...and hopefully will be updated sooner rather than later.

Be sure to stop through Calgary.

Comment

Is this event actually open to the public, or do you need special access, Or were you perhaps just going to spot around the perimeters. It definitely sounds like a very cool event.

- Jason DePodesta

P.S. - Mark, enjoying the refund?

Comment

Originally posted by fallingeese
        Thanks Mark. I was thinking the same thing...that maybe specific dates hadn't been released for public info yet. I will keep my eye on fencecheck, I am sure they will have the info when its available.

We may stop through Calgary...we were thinking about flying into Edmonton if possible and driving from there, but who knows...we might just fly into Calgary instead.

Originally posted by tepodesta
        Is this event actually open to the public, or do you need special access, Or were you perhaps just going to spot around the perimeters. It definitely sounds like a very cool event.
        From what I understand there is an open house day, and then there is a viewing platform/area where you can shoot photos from. I can't wait to go...especially after the dissapointment this year with area air shows.
        Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
        EF 50mm 1.4 USM
        EF-S 18-55mm
        EF 28-135mm IS USM
        EF 70-200mm f4L
        EF 100-400L IS
        1.4X II Teleconverter
        Canon 420EX Speedlite
        Canon 430EX Speedlite
        Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

I have never gone, but alot of the locals here do...and love it. The drive up to Cold Lake doesn't appeal to me...something about lacking scenery.

There is an open house day and a public viewing location with amazing views. From what I understand, the lens limitations only apply to the viewing park and not to the open house.

In you come through Calgary, you get to work your way to the north through Red Deer where the is some neat stuff.

The "Prosperity Bonus" won't come until December...odds are it will go to paying parking at the University...not too exciting.

Comment

If theres a group going up from Calgary then maybe Dad and I will cut the cost of gas and try to go up. Medic1 give me a PM - and Mark give me a call at home. May give me a reason to rent a IS lens.

Comment

I'm almost certain I won't be going up...after all I don't make money from military aviation.

There really isn't a decent place in Calgary to rent lenses from. I want the Nikon 300mm F2.8 VR, but nobody in town has one...not even the local Nikon rep.

Comment

Personally I'll break down and go through Vistek.

Comment

Vistek in Calgary doesn't offer too much in the line of rentals. Their selection is limited...it is all basic items.

Comment

Vistek in Calgary doesn't offer too much in the line of rentals. Their selection is limited...it is all basic items.
                    They carry some of the canon L's

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Wettlaufer
                      They carry some of the canon L's
                      That doesn't really do anything for me...don't trust their rental guide...it is only for Toronto(they neglect to mention that anywhere).

My current equipment it better than anything Nikon they rent. They don't even rent a simple Nikon 300mm f4.

Comment

That doesn't really do anything for me...don't trust their rental guide...it is only for Toronto(they neglect to mention that anywhere).

My current equipment it better than anything Nikon they rent. They don't even rent a simple Nikon 300mm f4.
                        Interesting...Already fired off a note to them about that.

Comment

Working...
                        X