Stupid Mistakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Mistakes.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I hate them...I completly forgot to level this, and then when I was looking at my queue and noticed it, but forgot to take it out, I wish we could somehow replace and image that was already in the queue without having to start from the beginning, but I see the disadvantages of that. People could just submit a crap photo so that they could get it in queue, then replace that image with the good one later...

Anyways I was just wondering what kind of stupid mistakes you all have made!
    Bobby DeBarge
    www.debargephoto.com
    http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
    1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Starting with "forget to turn on the camera, when the object of desire just rushes by" over to forget to format the full CF-card, then to "upload a wrong reg into auto-fill and upload without checking" and to "forget to clone out the dust spots" .... do you need more?

Gerardo
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Forgetting to turn on the camera or "reviving" it from standby mode is common for me.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I've made two stupid mistakes in the last few days.

1) forgot to turn on the camera - I felt sorta like homer simpson - d'oh!
        2) one of my lenses has a switch on it to take the built-in lens cap off - I had the camera on, but I had forgot to fligk the switch -again, I felt like homer.

Comment

Lets say standing by with the camera on standby in the*bag* while your fellow got the perfect picture of the plane and you say "Oh you knew that would do that,huh ? " (Plane made a wierd T/O.) and I didnt get that.
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Then there's the whole forgetting to re-set the white balance and coming back with a harsh blue image...oops.

Comment

Not realising you still have the lens cap on seems to be the most common one

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
                Hehehe classic mistake

Comment

Yeah I've had that happen to me several times. I was spotting at BNA and it was a semi-quiet day. There had been no departure's, arrivals, or anything for at least 20-30 minutes! So "paulinbna" and I were sitting there, and here's comes a plane. I brought my camera up, it wasn't on, so I quickly turned it on, and the viewfinder was still black....I had my lens cap on and missed the plane...
                  Bobby DeBarge
                  www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Yea, forgetting to turn the camera on has happened a few times, but I usually catch the error quickly, and it goes on pretty fast.

I have never forgotten to take the lens cap off though.

Comment

How fast was the plane moving that you lost it for a lenscap? I've made that mistake a couple times but I realize it and take the thing off in enough time that I've still plenty of time to shoot the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
                        Yeah I've had that happen to me several times. I was spotting at BNA and it was a semi-quiet day. There had been no departure's, arrivals, or anything for at least 20-30 minutes! So "paulinbna" and I were sitting there, and here's comes a plane. I brought my camera up, it wasn't on, so I quickly turned it on, and the viewfinder was still black....I had my lens cap on and missed the plane...
                        Funny . First thing I notice is the lens cap off. look in the viewfinder, all that could turn in in black could only be that. hehe Talk about slow reaction..Eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE

Dale
                          Yup, had that happen one day at the airport. I was soo pissed off, I thought my camera was screwed up...my friend was laughing and he pointed his lense cap.

Kevin

Comment

I don't really remember the situation exactly. but I do remember I missed the plane. It was on 2L and there is a building blocking the view for at least 20 yards.So, I don't think I was paying attention in the first place then I saw it mid roll, which is usually where I start to ttake the pictures, grabbed my camera, and the rest you know.
                            Bobby DeBarge
                            www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Haha. I've been to BNA, and that building in front of the runways is REALLY annoying. They should level it.

Comment

Working...
                              X