Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline name standardisation?

Hi all,

Just got a little peeved with my first ever rejection here, just like to mention a little trivial thing here.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Its rejected for badinfo, most of which I reckon comes from the airline name. Ok .. 9V-SFH is an SIA Cargo 744F. I can only find the closest to be Singapore Airlines (which btw is the standard at the other site). Another option is Singapore Cargo...

now.. My question is ... Do we follow what is written on the aircraft's fuelsage (eg Singapore Airlines Cargo) or do we use other inaccurate airline names (eg Singapore Cargo)?

Incidentally, SingCargo is SIA Cargo's callsign..

Cheers
    -Tsentsan

I'd call it "Singapore Airlines Cargo", with Cargo added in the extra field if not in the list.

Personally I think there are worse cases, like listing KLM Asia as a separate airline (which it isn't, it's just an extra text on regular KLM aircraft).

Maybe split up the airline selection in 2 parts and a freeform textbox:
    - airline
    - extra (affiliate, division, etc.)
    - other (in case not listed).
    The second would for KLM include "Cityhopper, Exel, UK, Cargo".
    That would make the airline dropdown quite a bit shorter (thus easier to navigate).

Comment

Tsentsan,

I, personally, would appeal that photo with the message to screener 'Don't be so anal.'

Seriously.. if you'd like to appeal the rejection, I'll be more than happy to approve it, and change the airline name for you.

I'll also be talking to that particular screener about how it takes no more than two seconds to correct the airline name before accepting a photo.

Thanks!

EDIT: For future reference, the correct pulldown menu option for that photo would be 'Singapore Cargo.'
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Tsentsan:

Yes that was me, I was kind of screening in a "hurry" and I could have just checked it for you. I usually do that when theres 1 error but I just glanced and it and it should have been SIA Cargo and "Cargo Plane" should have been checked.

Note to myself: Dont be an anal moron in the future when screening.
        Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
        Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
        http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Originally posted by PolishAir42

Note to myself: Dont be an anal moron in the future when screening.
          Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies hehe didnt mean to be rude I apologise!

Anyway, Chris, perhaps Singapore Airlines Cargo would be better than Singapore Cargo? Just a suggestion, since it does reflect what's being said on the fuelsage.

Cheers guys!
            Tsentsan

Comment

Along these lines, there is a airline listed called "Kendall Airlines". If it is referring to the Australian regional carrier, it should be "Kendell Airlines". If it is referring to another airline, then there is obviously no need to change....

Comment

Working...
              X