TPA Meeting 9-10-05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPA Meeting 9-10-05

Well a couple of Saturdays ago Justin Idle, Kevin Cook, Ozell and myself met up at TPA for a rather fun and interesting day of shooting. For me it wa my first time meeting both Justin, Kevin and Ozell as well as my first day out with my D50.

I met Justin and Kevin up at the parking garage to shoot some 36L arrivals and departures. Kevin had flown to MCO and stayed with Kevin on friday night, they left his house at like 6:30 am saturday morning, crazy if you ask me but some are more serious than others.

I'll post my pics and Justin and Kevin will post their pics later......

[photoid=545670]

[photoid=545673]

After a while we moved down to a spot off of 36R to shoot some departures. I've been spotting in TPA for a year or so now and had no clue this spot was here. It's a great spot as its rather close. So as we settle in to our new spot off of 36R we see Maryland One on final to 36L. Seeing as we were just over there and Justin wanted to move we blamed him for missing its arrival. However we lucked out as it departed 36R, the fight for the ladder was fun....

[photoid=543928]

[photoid=543927]

I later caused the group to miss a Westjet arrival so it all evened out....

Anyway we then proceeded to a spot Justin calls "The fishing hole" which happens to be a great little spot off 36L. I don't have any pics from that location but Justin and Kevin got some really nice ones later on in the day.

Then we proceeded too another 36L spot to catch the BA arrival, which was the highlight of the day, that's how exciting TPA is.....

[photoid=545120]

About this time is when the group became "shutter happy" and began to take pics of each other......

Justin

I'm not sure what Kevin was going for here but.......

Justin found Kevin more interesting than what ever was landing at the time...

and myself......

Next we moved to another spot off of 36R to shoot more afternoon departures. This spot was even closer than the other 36R spot and was quite interesting. On my first attempt ever I took this great motion blur shot....
    Kevin gave me the advice on the shot

[photoid=546165]

So what did we do during the down time at TPA. Well words can't really describe it so I'll just put up the pics.....

We spend hundreds, some thousands of dollars on camera equipment and this is what we do with it........

Disturbing huh?????

Anyway we had some intersting planes come our way later on including Canyon Blue!!

[photoid=552859]

A bit later I would go home but I believe Justin and Kevin shot till the sun set so they'll put up their pics from that, as well as any others of us being goofy.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Amazing shots dude, those are all yours? Terrific shots! Sounds like you had fun at TPA

Comment

Looks like you guys had fun.

Great shots!
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Rofl! Glad to hear you guys had a good time!

Would anyone be up for MCO get together OCt 28th?

-Adam

Comment

What? They fixed canyon blue?

Comment

Working...
          X