Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some beautiful panning shots out of YYZ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some beautiful panning shots out of YYZ...

Great job, Santhosh Fernandez and Genessee!!

[photoid=559272]

[photoid=559256]

[photoid=559230]

Also, the new feature that displays the camera and lens used is great!
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Way to go guys.. Awesome pan shots ... *thumbs up*
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Thanks for the comments

I'm finding the larger/heavier the camera, the easier it is to pan. I've still go some ways to go though.

I was hoping to practice more tonight, but it got too cold and I forgot a jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
        Thanks for the comments
        I'm finding the larger/heavier the camera, the easier it is to pan. I've still go some ways to go though.
        I was hoping to practice more tonight, but it got too cold and I forgot a jacket.
        What do you have in mind ?? Are you getting a battery grip ??

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
          What do you have in mind ?? Are you getting a battery grip ??
          I have one already. The grip+100-400 lense is alot easier for me than no grip and the kit lense though.

I guess the heavier weight gives more of a smooth swing to it? I haven't really thought about it myself.

On the down side, my left wrist has been aching quite a bit since the non-stop shooting with the 100-400. I'll have to see if Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is on my insurance

Comment

I have one already. The grip+100-400 lense is alot easier for me than no grip and the kit lense though.

I guess the heavier weight gives more of a smooth swing to it? I haven't really thought about it myself.

On the down side, my left wrist has been aching quite a bit since the non-stop shooting with the 100-400. I'll have to see if Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is on my insurance
            Oh you got that already ! how much more weight would you want. You're saying the 100-400 is aching your wrist !

Comment

Oh you got that already ! how much more weight would you want. You're saying the 100-400 is aching your wrist !
              I'm sure after a few weeks I'll have buldging wrist muscles....

Nah, this is good I think, the weight isn't enough to be a bother, at least until 6 hours has past.

Comment

I'm sure after a few weeks I'll have buldging wrist muscles....nah, this is good I think, the weight isn't enough to be a bother, at least until 6 hours has past.
                It depends how long you're standing with that thing out in the air ..? Put it down or something !

Comment

Put it down or something!
                  I probably should, but that would slow down my quick escape!*

*If needed..

Here's my first half decent pan shot, too bad it's not very clean.

Comment

It could have been a great shot .. If you were a knot faster shutting it, You would've nailed it perfect !
                    Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice !

Comment

hey Genessee, I didn't know you bought a 350D? Good old Panasonic has to retire What do you plan to do with it?

Oh, nice shots by the way

Comment

Cool shots guys !
                        Jesse Nielsen / Cimber Air F/A

Offers Dreams and Experiences To People Around The World..

If I'll Be Flying The Long Distance, ANA Would Be My First Choice....

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                          hey Genessee, I didn't know you bought a 350D? Good old Panasonic has to retire What do you plan to do with it?
                          I still like the camera, and think it's quite good. I still use it for various things, running around with friends, parties, and any situation where there's lots of alcohol or its super dirty.

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                          Oh, nice shots by the way
                          Originally posted by JessNil
                          Cool shots guys !
                          Thanks, I can't wait to get more practice in.

Comment

super dirty.
                            I never thought you're one of them!

Comment

I still like the camera, and think it's quite good. I still use it for various things, running around with friends, parties, and any situation where there's lots of alcohol or its super dirty.
                              Thanks, I can't wait to get more practice in.
                              Oh Thats were a regular P&S camera comes to work.. No need to use a dSLR to a party where there's booze around, You never know who spilled beer over your gear at the table !
                              Jesse Nielsen / Cimber Air F/A

Offers Dreams and Experiences To People Around The World..

If I'll Be Flying The Long Distance, ANA Would Be My First Choice....

Comment

Working...
                              X