Please help me with my rejects :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me with my rejects :(

Why was this one rejected? I know it was dark, but that was because the weather was crappy. Also, it's the first picture of the Cathay Pacific Emergency Landing at Hong Kong. And what does the rejection reason -3 mean?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And why was this one rejected. what is the bad quality? It's only dark because of the weather.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Photo 1.

I rejected that with a personalized rejection reason, which you should see in the e-mail, stating that the photo had already been uploaded once and accepted. Seems there's a bug in one of the scripts that puts '-3' as the rejection reason on the Rejected Photo page when a personalized rejection reason is entered, but I know it shows properly in the e-mail.

Photo 2.

It's too dark, and I'm not sure exactly what the motive of the shot is. Not even the whole tail assembly is pictured?

EDIT: The bug which caused -3 to be displayed as the Rejection Reason on viewreject.php, on photos with personalized rejection reasons, has been fixed.

[photoid=102202]
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Ok, thanks Chris.
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Quick comment,

Your 2nd photo of the CX Tail dosent appear straight, I would say its as MUCH as 5 degrees off
        Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
        Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
        http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

Here is a tip.

The three musketeers should shoot in the light. Rainy day pictures are tough for the camera to compensate for. If your just starting out, don't handicap yourself by shooting in that kind of weather. Not to mention the damage you can do if it gets wet. Do you find gloomy pictures appealing?
          Most people don't.

Also, there is a lot of CA around the edges you should get rid of before uploading, the un-level was already mentioned.

And actually, the first link isn't of a plane landing, just taxiing after an emergency landing, not quite the same thing.

Congratulations................your in

Comment

Congrats on your 1st 3 accepted! Next time shoot on a nice sunny day, you should get some good results! Looking forward to more photos!

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1219

Comment

Thatks all.

Jeff, what's CA?

Also, I never said that the airraft was landing, I said just landed.

It was our first day spotting, the airport is quite far out, and we didn't want it to be a total waste. I took over 60 pictures, but only uploaded about 10-12 of what I thought were the best of the lot. There wasn't really much I could do about the gloominess.

Comment

CA = Chromatic Aberation (sp?)Purple Fringing............a lens defect caused because of the failure of the optics to bring the different wavelenghts of light (that is the different colors of light) together at the exact same point. It is most noticable around areas of high contrast and in the image corners.

Chromatic aberation arises from the fact that different colors of light are bent at different angles by most glass lenses. This leads to very slight differences in the effective focal lengths of the lens for red, green, and blue light. This in turn causes the red, green, and blue channels of a digital color image to have slightly different magnifications. While all three channels line up in the center of the image, as you move toward the corners of the image, the increasing spread between the different color layers in the image gives rise to color fringes.

Chromatic aberration can be corrected by slightly altering the magnifications of the blue and red channels so that their size matches that of the green channel (most lenses are optimized for green light because the eye is most sensitive at this wavelength). Typically the red channel requires the most magnification and the blue channel quite a bit less and in the opposite direction.

It's not just about walking around the airport and pointing a lens. Photography is a skill, practice.

v/r
                Jeff

Comment

It's all double dutch to me.

Comment

I thought I might be wasting my time.

Comment

Yeah it's good to start shooting in the sun.

Comment

Hm the main thing about the tail-shot i would say is the two waterdrops that are on the lense.... causing shadows. A little contrast and light would make it ok. A good photographer can take appealing shots in snow and rain as well as sun. Simply shooting 50mm rampshots in sunny weather is like taking candy from a baby...

Comment

Hmmmm....I would say the main thing I notice about your statement is the way you spelled lens. And the fact you stated the obvious.

This was their first attempt.

Comment

Yes, it was our first attempt.

Jeff, you weren't wasting your time, I appreciate what you said, I just didn't understand it.

here's one more:

Why is it foreground clutter. It's just somethings that were kept on the tarmac - and I purposely did not zoom in any more because I wanted the other planes as well.

Comment

Tanuj,

In that last one you have lighting masts bisecting the airframe. That's to be avoided. Next time wait another few seconds until the plane is centered in the gap between the sets of masts.

I have the same problem at the local airport. There are so many lighting masts that it seems almost impossible to find an angle that gives an unobstructed shot of the aircraft. Best solution is to plan your shot angles before a plane actually gets there and position yourself for a clear view.

Comment

Working...
                              X