rejected photos used in threads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rejected photos used in threads.

After just having a rejection for Cropping (Photo Edges) I just ran a search for threads covering this topic. Many potentially useful threads came up but sadly all the links to the rejected photos used as examples have now time expired from the database which makes these threads of limited value as a source of reference for this or any other subject.

Can I therefore suggest that that rejected photos used in this way are not deleted in future. This might help to prevent the same old questions being repeated (ie in this case, what constitutes grounds for this type fo rejection).

Just a suggestion, (not a criticism) which might save a little time.

Do you mean this one Chris ?
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

They are not deleted for seven days if I remember correctly.

Cheers .. Jid

Comment

The point of deleting them is to make room for accepted photos. They don't want to waste webspace on rejected pictures. If you're that concerned about it, host the rejected picture on photobucket or imageshack.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
        The point of deleting them is to make room for accepted photos. They don't want to waste webspace on rejected pictures. If you're that concerned about it, host the rejected picture on photobucket or imageshack.
        that's not his point, if someone comes on to use the search function and it brings up 10 threads. Unless they are within 7 days the rejected image is removed and therefor make's the thread useless with no rejected picture to look at.

CJA, correct me if I read your post wrong?

Comment

Sorry Jid,

Similar name but not me.

I am pretty sure that I understand why I got my rejection but the point of my thread was just to make a helpful suggestion. If I can find the answer to my questions by looking at old threads that cover the relevant subjects it saves having to start a new thread each time. Keeping the rejects used as examples in threads would therefore help not just me but anyone trying to do the same thing.

As I said a rejection was half expected but I had not seen the term (Photo edges) before and thought it might be for something other than parts of aircraft missing Not centered in frame etc.
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Cheers

Chris Ashley

Originally posted by Top_Gun
          that's not his point, if someone comes on to use the search function and it brings up 10 threads. Unless they are within 7 days the rejected image is removed and therefor make's the thread useless with no rejected picture to look at.

CJA, correct me if I read your post wrong?
          That is what I meant.

Thanks for correcting Jordan for me!

Comment

Maybe it would be an idea to increase the amount of time the rejected Photos stay there?

This may mess up the upload slots though, so I suppose the best way is to start a thread asking for some help.

EastMidlands

Comment

Working...
            X