Telephoto lense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telephoto lense

Hi guys! I have the Kodak Z740 and i was wondering if there is any good telephoto lense's out there as i know nothing about themIf you know any good ones would you please let me know

Thanks
    Sam

somehow I doubt that theres a (good) telephoto lens for a Kodak Z740

Edit: Just found this http://www.epinions.com/Opteka_2x_Te...Lens_Converter

Comment

Aren't you happy with the 38-380 lens??

With that 2x you will get something like 76-760, not bad.
      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

If your camera has threads for filters and such, you can choose from quite a few lenses with an adapter ring. Though you have to look into them and watch for things like vignetting and image quality. With my FZ20 and a Raynox adapter, I've used a few Olympus teleconverters with mixed results. If you can get a TCON17 to fit, check it out.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys,on my camera i don't have an adapter ring but there is a thread on the section where the lense pop's out when i turn it on,will the telephoto lense go in there or what?

Thanks
          Sam

Comment

If you can put a regular filter on the camera, you should be able to use many of the teleconverter lenses out there. They usually just screw on to the threads. If a lense you like is too big, you can use a step down ring. I don't think it would be a good idea to step up for a smaller lense as you'd get vignetting. Though most tcon lenses seem to have some vignetting at the wide end of the camera (Most I checked out I couldnt use 1 to 6X on the FZ20)

Search dpreview.com for your camera, they have a Kodak forum. If there's people using tcon lenses then you should be able to find out about them there. Just don't pay too much attention to the people that like to bash everything

Edit; If you find one, read about the lense on other camera as well. It may lead to some good info on how it performs in various environments (light/purple fringing/image quality/etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
              If you can put a regular filter on the camera, you should be able to use many of the teleconverter lenses out there. They usually just screw on to the threads. If a lense you like is too big, you can use a step down ring. I don't think it would be a good idea to step up for a smaller lense as you'd get vignetting. Though most tcon lenses seem to have some vignetting at the wide end of the camera (Most I checked out I couldnt use 1 to 6X on the FZ20)

Search dpreview.com for your camera, they have a Kodak forum. If there's people using tcon lenses then you should be able to find out about them there. Just don't pay too much attention to the people that like to bash everything

Edit; If you find one, read about the lense on other camera as well. It may lead to some good info on how it performs in various environments (light/purple fringing/image quality/etc)
              Ah thanks mate,i'll check some places out and let you know how i go on
              BTW,if i have a x2 teleconver,what will it make my 380mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                BTW,if i have a x2 teleconver,what will it make my 380mm?
                It would be ~380X2

If you find one, see if it's possible to check on out with your camera in a shop befor eyou buy it. Just to make sure it's one you like.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                  It would be ~380X2

If you find one, see if it's possible to check on out with your camera in a shop befor eyou buy it. Just to make sure it's one you like.

Good luck.
                  LOL,am i stupid Thanks for the help anyway i'll let you know when/if i get one!

Comment

Hope you don't mind me going slightly of topic.

I have a canon 10D and a Sigma lense, would it be possible to use a Canon extender with this combination? Or will they only work on canon body and lense?
                    Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije

I have a canon 10D and a Sigma lense, would it be possible to use a Canon extender with this combination? Or will they only work on canon body and lense?
                      It should work. I've seen some people use Canon bodies+Tamron TC+Sigma lenses. I don't know how good the pictures are though.

Comment

Back on topic,i've found this lense.This seems proberly the best i think...Or does anyone know anyother good makes?
                        http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...gory=EKN029416Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije

Depends what sigma lens it is.

Chris
                          Chris Sharps
                          5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                          17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                          24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                          1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Originally posted by chris78cpr
                            Depends what sigma lens it is.

Chris
                            Is there a difference? I had though (from searching around various sites) that just about anything that was Canon EF 'compatible' would work together.

Some TC's send data to the camera, but others (like some from Tamron) don't. Is that part of the problem?

Comment

Guys

Will this lense fit on my Kodak Z740 ?
                              http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...tml?OLY-140554

Comment

Working...
                              X