This good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This good enough?

Well before I make the screeners waste time on my photos, just wanted to see if they have a chance or if I should try improving them a little. (Note: This are smaller versions since the originals are 800kb)

UA 777-200 at gate:

I know the photo is a little dark now but I have a blurry spoot right under the tail which really stands out when brighter. Can anyone help me here?

B6 320 at gate:

This is probley my list favorite, the front of the aircraft is chopped off (which will probley reject it anyway) and it is kinda cluttered all together.

B6 320, approach at SYR:

This is a uniqe shot since JP.net or A.net do not have any ariel shots of the SYR area. I have a feeling something called bad motive will reject this one.

If you guys would like to see the original photos (800kb) just let me know. I can e-mail them or send them via AIM or MSN.

Thanks for you help,
    Steven

welcome on board

Hi Mate,

Welcome on board! A little word from a rejections veteran...

First of all, you take photos to enjoy yourself, not to have them on the net - this thing is addictive and can make you lose perspective of the hobby.

Second, dont let any screener make you dislike your work. These guys have a hard job, in that they have to strike a balance between what's good content and what's not, whilst not being as elitist as other sites.

Third, before uploading, bear in mind what you would say to yourself if you saw the picture on the site - is it worth looking at? Or would you think that its not worth looking at?

Fourth- please take any comments as advice, not as destructive criticism. Not everyone is as good as others in expressing themselves in the right tone, but we're a bunch of people who like planes and help each other in improving our technique... of course some believe A is the best, and other believe its B...

So, to come to your photos... I'll just comment on the first two, a I don know the criteria for wing views. I usually try to shoot pics of complete planes... te airbridge on the 777 ain't helping! There is too much obstruction... you cannot really see much of the forward portion of the plane. Similarly, the A320 does not make sens the way you cropped the pic... close-ups have to be close... so you either do the complete plane or just zoom on the nose or tail section...

Hope this helps... please feel free to post here for any help or advice!

Good luck and happy shooting!

Mark

Comment

1) Bad colour, To much window glare, Subject cutoff and clutterd.
      2) Subject cutoff, Clutterd.
      3) Maybe has a chance if you have it with the www.jetblue.com

Comment

With a little editing the last one turns out nice.

Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

The motive on all of those pictures is iffy. However I like that last one.

Comment

yep im afraid the last one is the only one that has a chance after some editing.

Comment

As previously stated the first two are most likely lost causes for a variety of reasons. The last one needs a little editing, but I am sure it stands a chance....give it a try!
              Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
              EF 50mm 1.4 USM
              EF-S 18-55mm
              EF 28-135mm IS USM
              EF 70-200mm f4L
              EF 100-400L IS
              1.4X II Teleconverter
              Canon 420EX Speedlite
              Canon 430EX Speedlite
              Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

I do like the last one, once it's been jiggered with!

Best thing to do is suck it and see. But, as Mark says, take pictures for YOU not JP net.

Andy

Comment

I like the last one alot actually. Dont know why as I have seen loads of the same. It just looks nice.
                  Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

I quite like the last one - don't suppose you've got a frame with all the "www.jetblue.com" in it? - that would top it off nicely. If you haven't, then in the future perhaps plan a bit ahead and have a look at what you're going to capture. If there are titles/graphic for example try to include them.

I'd go for the last one, edited though...should be a go-er.
                    Last edited by B7772ADL; 2006-01-07, 22:45.

Comment

I have this one with all the engine of a small little northern town (shown below, it is not edited) but the one going over the I-81 has part of the www. chopped off. Thanks a lot for your help, I am still in the stages of learning how to use my camera and how do take goood photos. This advice is VERY helpful.

Any of the screeners think I have a shot with either of the two after editing?

Comment

I like the JBU wing shot close to the ground at ALB, as edited earlier up in the thread. The added contrast really adds to the shot.
                        Trump is an idiot!
                        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

As everyone else said, I like the 3rd shot after it was edited the best, that one stands a chance.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

It's hard to say though. It might not look as good at the uploadable size. Hey expoITHscohen, will you PM me the original at its original size?

Comment

3rd shot, with the full URL visible for me. But add the contrast as shown above.

Gerardo
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                              X