300D RAW Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300D RAW Processing

First off, I did a search and could not find an answer in prior posts.

I have a 300D with the basic Photoshop Elements 2.0. I want to start taking some RAW photos. When I shoot RAW, it saves as CRW, and Elements 2.0 only has RAW. How do I convert?

Secondly, help me through the RAW conversion process. I am lost. Thanks.

And I might add, it seemed the lens I use, Sigma 70-300, was struggling mightily to focus when I had the camera set to RAW. Is this common? I know its a low end lens.

Greg
    DFW Tower.com

Originally posted by gdg9
    First off, I did a search and could not find an answer in prior posts.

I have a 300D with the basic Photoshop Elements 2.0. I want to start taking some RAW photos. When I shoot RAW, it saves as CRW, and Elements 2.0 only has RAW. How do I convert?

Secondly, help me through the RAW conversion process. I am lost. Thanks.

And I might add, it seemed the lens I use, Sigma 70-300, was struggling mightily to focus when I had the camera set to RAW. Is this common? I know its a low end lens.

Greg
    Your camera came with a CD that includes a program called ZoomBrowser, that one is made by Canon to convert to JPG, and all the changes can be made there. Then you can use PSE2.0 to crop and adjust other things of the picture.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

What Felipe said for the conversion (its probably your best bet outside of having a RAW converter in PS)

As far as the lens issue: I've personally never heard of a lens being affected by shooting in RAW......I'd be interested to see what others have to say on this issue.
      Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
      EF 50mm 1.4 USM
      EF-S 18-55mm
      EF 28-135mm IS USM
      EF 70-200mm f4L
      EF 100-400L IS
      1.4X II Teleconverter
      Canon 420EX Speedlite
      Canon 430EX Speedlite
      Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment

RAW only uses the data from the sensor in a difirent way, so it shouldn't affect any other functions.

Comment

Interesting.... perhaps my battery was not fully charged that day, or just the light was affecting but it was odd. The lens really had trouble focusing on the subject. a 777

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia
          Your camera came with a CD that includes a program called ZoomBrowser, that one is made by Canon to convert to JPG, and all the changes can be made there. Then you can use PSE2.0 to crop and adjust other things of the picture.
          Will this keep the benefits (as I understand them) of RAW shooting, such as less jpeg compression and more colors?
          DFW Tower.com

Comment

Working...
          X