Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 300D Good Battery, Does Not Turn On

OK, help!

I have a Canon 300D. I put in a fully charged battery, and the camera does not turn on. I have tried this with two batteries, the same result. It does not show any blinking signs, flashes, anything, it just seems dead.

Thoughts, suggestions, help?
    DFW Tower.com

Are you using a grip?

Comment

No.
      DFW Tower.com

Comment

Are you sure that the battery compartment door is closed completely? It will snap shut when it's closed completely.

You may have just confused the poor thing, remove the CMOS battery which sit's in the battery compartment towards the latter part of the camera, it sits in a unit that slids up. Leave it out for a feew minutes, then replace it.

Comment

Yes, I am completely sure the battery compartment door shuts completely. If I didn't know any better, I would think you took me for a fool.
          DFW Tower.com

Comment

Originally posted by gdg9
            Yes, I am completely sure the battery compartment door shuts completely. If I didn't know any better, I would think you took me for a fool.
            No, no that was not my intention at all. It's just sometimes when I'm shooting I forget to make sure that the compartment is completly shut.

Comment

Don't worry about it. I called Canon and they had me try some stuff with an eraser, which didn't work. So it looks like the camera will be getting shipped to their repair dept.
              DFW Tower.com

Comment

Working...
              X