Canon 30D Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon 30D Announced

So how many of you guys are gonna run out and order this to have the newest thing available?

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...id=7-7891-8214
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

naaaaaaa I'm happy with my 10.

Comment

I am still busy learning the 20D
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Err....no...i'm disappointed in the lack of significant spec upgrades and there's nothing extra that would make me want to switch from my 20D. Maybe there's something else under wraps, or maybe i'll just have to save for a 1dmkiiN.

30D is more an evolution of the 20D than significant upgrade.

Thanks Canon, you just saved me 1100!!

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
          30D is more an evolution of the 20D than significant upgrade.
          That's what I thought as well. It's funny how upset some people on other forums are about the 30D. It's like they expected something close to a 5D at the same price the 20D sells for.

Comment

"ISO can be set without taking one's eye away from the viewfinder "
            I can change the ISO on my 20D without doing moving my eye. With improvments like that I'll have my 20D for some time to come (which I planned to do anyway).

Comment

My Rebel Ti is great...but I think its time I go digital, sometimes it costs me $60 just to get 5 rolls of film developed. Not to mention half of the good photos I take look like crap after I scan them.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I know what you mean...I decided it was time for digital when a realised I had a $250 backlog of film to develop...and I still havnt developed it.

Comment

I'll stick to my 1D...maybe when next 1-series is released I'll upgrade to it..
                  http://ovp.fi

Comment

well, hopefully it'll push the 20D down far enough for me to be able to afford one

My Minolta SLRs were pretty good, but they're too darn old and broken

Comment

Screw that ive got my eye on the 5D...Some interesting prices were to be had in Hong Kong... Shame my bank account was to dry to fund me I could have picked it up for something just touching 1,100 inc world wide Canon warrenty.

Comment

The 30D is a 20D with some Botox injections. I prefer the 10D to the 20D as it is, don't see any reason for the 30D unless you are just moving into the DSLR market, and want the newest toy. It's not something to upgrade to.

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
                          I know what you mean...I decided it was time for digital when a realised I had a $250 backlog of film to develop...and I still havnt developed it.
                          I'm in a smiliar situation right now, I guess I'll do one a week or something. I think a Digital Camera more than pays for itself when you add the costs of developing film in.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

looks like I'm the only one considering this cam. I'm starting to grow out of the 300D, and the upgrades on this cam (plus the price) make this one more attractive then the 20D. I do agree that upgrading from the 20D is a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Spotter
                              looks like I'm the only one considering this cam. I'm starting to grow out of the 300D, and the upgrades on this cam (plus the price) make this one more attractive then the 20D. I do agree that upgrading from the 20D is a waste of money.
                              Yeah, it would be a great camera for you mate and makes perfect sense if you're upgrading from the 300D.

Comment

Working...
                              X