Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some basic advice...Please help

Hello...

About a year into photography now, and I'm just now starting to ask questions...

First off I will note I use the Sony F-707 camera, however I will ask these questions based on what generally would work best. Also I am putting memory card space and time aside, I ask purely from a quality point of view.

What I am wondering is...Is it best to take photos in the highest camera Res 2560x1920 and then crop the photo down to 1024 x 768, or will shooting in 1280 x 960 and then reducing to 1024 x 768 provide the same results. Again I am after the best picture quality possible.

Also I have been shooting in ISO 100, is this good? As far as Sharpness or exposure correction I have used None, is this acceptable, or what settings have worked for you guys?

Finally, is it best to shoot in TIFF or JPEG? For my camera these are the choices I have....

What it comes down to is, will I get a better shot taken at 2560x1920 TIFF then edited in PS to 1024x768 JPG, than if I just shot a 1280x960 JPG in the camera and edited to 1024x768 JPG...

Some very basic questions that I prolly should have asked in the beginning, I hope you guys can please help me as much as possible.....

Ryan - The Arctic Adventure

...The Arctic Adventure

I have the F717, I shoot at 2560x1920 in JPEG Fine format becuase it takes alot less space than TIFF and the really isnt much of a difference between TIFF and JPEG. Once in photoshop I just crop the image the way I want it and resize to 1024x768.

I shoot ISO 100. I don't use any sharpness or exposure control either.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1219

Comment

Working...
    X