Camera Equipment On Board Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Equipment On Board Aircraft

Mods, not sure if this is the right place so please ove it if needs be.

I want to take my camera equipment with me to NYC. So at the oment that a Tamrac Expedition 8 that is not easy to pick up.

I could get a smaller bag but then I wont fit all my gear in it.

What i do want to take is the D2X, D70 (for snaps in NYC) the 80-400 and my small lens.

Any tips? what I dont want to do is put any of this in the hold.
    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Shaggy, I take my Lowe Pro Trekker on board with me, with D.70, 80-400, 28-200, SB800 and heaven knows what else crammed inside.

You shouldn't have too many problems as long as it doesn't weigh too much over the allowed weight. In fact, unless they ask to weigh it, just don't mention it. As long as you make sure they know it's a camera bag then you should be ok.

Incidentally, last time I went to MAN the F/A told me not to use my camera as it might interfere with the aircraft systems. That's actually total bollocks, but be aware that some airlines are wary of "live" cameras.

Andy

Comment

I take my Delsey Pro bag with my D60, a couple of battery's, remote switch, lens cloth, 17-40L, and 100-400L. I can slo fit a good book in there and my ipod and Bose quiet comfort headphones in. Good thing is the bag doesnt look like a camera bag but more a weekend bag and is easily either stowed under the seat or in the overhead and sits on my suitecase when in motion. Most of the time when i take my seat ill just grab the D60 and 17-40L and put the rest in the overhead. I find theres easily enough room to put the cam by the side of my seat for the flight.

Comment

I have a pretty big camera bag and I can fit the 300D, Sigma 50-500mm and a few other small lenses and a scanner. I've taken it on-board with me to Lanzarote on Thomson and Dublin with Ryanair, it wouldn't fit in the hand-luggage for Ryanair but the two girls were more intrested in talking about moving out of there house. I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Comment

Cheers guys
          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Mini trekker classic, fits body, 1 big lens and 2 small lenses, and is designed to fit within hand baggage requirements.

Comment

ThinkTank Airport Addicted Bag - The Professional's Choice...
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
              X