Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So probably already been asked but what about the first major airshow of the year? El Centro shots is what I am asking about?

Comment

• For photos taken at airshows the same rules apply as to any other photo. It has to show something news worthy (new livery, new aircraft type for an airline, ...) to be accepted as hot.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• How about a new group of aerobatic civilian owned jet team "The Heavy Metal Jet Team"?

HMJT

Comment

• Commutair starts using their first Dash 8-300's for passenger service out of Cleveland OH today. They currently have a small fleet of Dash 8-200's. Would this be a hot photo under "a new aircraft type for an airline" reason? Thanks,

DJ Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by DJR107 View Post
            Commutair starts using their first Dash 8-300's for passenger service out of Cleveland OH today. They currently have a small fleet of Dash 8-200's. Would this be a hot photo under "a new aircraft type for an airline" reason? Thanks,

DJ Reed
            I would say no. The difference between the DASH 8-200 and -300 is very slim and its not a new type, just another version of what they already have.
            Regards
            Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

• Originally posted by CPH Aviation View Post
              I would say no. The difference between the DASH 8-200 and -300 is very slim and its not a new type, just another version of what they already have.
              OK, thanks for the info. Turns out Commutair was not ready to go with the 300's on the 9th. Maybe later this week. Too bad, it was a beautiful day for photography. Oh, the things we look forward to here in Cleveland!
              Last edited by DJR107; 2011-05-11, 08:02. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

• Hi Screeners,

Did not know where to post this question so I have asked here..

My question is ... Can the screening team pick out a shot from the queue and select it as "HOT" photo despite it being uploaded as a regular shot?

One of my close and a fellow spotter friend's shots were accepted a few hours ago as HOT despite they not being uploaded as one.
                http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7150263 &
                http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7150264

My question is.. Was this due to the fact that under the Airline menu, ANA was selected instead of Boeing? or was it due to the significance of the occassion?

I too had uploaded a similar shot and it is sitting in the queue at http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3509463 ..so will this also qualify for a "HOT" upload by any chance?

Let me also make clear that I am not for one moment grudging/complaining about this ... In fact I am very happy about my friend's and our group's success.

Could any screener(s) please throw some light on this.

Cheers,
                Sankalp

Comment

• Both shots were up-loaded as hot without any doubt.
                  My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
                  My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
                  ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

• Hi Screeners,

just uploaded this shot into the queue. First E190 for Alitalia. There is only one in the database uploaded three days ago.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3612765

Is this still a hot photo or already cold?

thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
                      Hi Screeners,

just uploaded this shot into the queue. First E190 for Alitalia. There is only one in the database uploaded three days ago.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3612765

Is this still a hot photo or already cold?

thanks in advance!
                      God loves a tryer I would say three days ago is positively ancient in terms of "hot photo".As you question "already cold?"I think we are talking Arctic here.

Comment

• I guess a new variant for an airline is not hot either? Like - the first 737-800 for Southwest - the first -800 variant doesn't count as a hot photo?

Comment

• Yes it counts. Just one week back the first photo of a Southwest B738 has been added as hot.
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• My mistake - I didn't realize the second one was flying - I just searched on the registration of the first one and that yielded no results.

Comment

• I've got a question on hot photos for new liveries. Does this apply only to active airplanes, or also museum pieces? For instance, the aviation museum in Monino Russia is repainting (part of?) their collection. Some of their planes and helicopters are now getting a different livery then before. For instance, the Mil V-12 used to be blue&white, it is now being changed into green&white.
                              Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

• Originally posted by Petertenthije View Post
                                I've got a question on hot photos for new liveries. Does this apply only to active airplanes, or also museum pieces? For instance, the aviation museum in Monino Russia is repainting (part of?) their collection. Some of their planes and helicopters are now getting a different livery then before. For instance, the Mil V-12 used to be blue&white, it is now being changed into green&white.
                                Such an event would not be of great significance to most aviation enthusiasts. A brand new color scheme of an airline, on the other hand, is a newsworthy event that gains attention from all of us as planespotters. So, to answer your question, repainting of a museum aircraft is not an important enough occasion to qualify.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X