This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be sure,

the first KLM 777 in Skyteam colours will arrive at EHAM next week.
    I know already some other photogs will be there as well; making that perfect shot. But before I 'mhome, to upload my pics, the day will be almost over.
    Is it still a "hot photo", when I am not the very first uploader?

regards

Freek

Comment

From the upload guidelines:

photos are usually accepted as hot only within 48hrs after the event.

So, yes. A picture is stil hot even if you are not the first. Just upload within 48 hours.

I'm looking forward to seeing this new special livery KLM triple. As there will be an event right after the landing, I hope she will do a low pass over the airport.

Roel.

Comment

Just to get some more clarification on the 'hot photo' rule.

I have some shots of a few Indian manufactured aircraft, which are to be found only in museums now and no other shots of these aircraft are there on JP. A few examples are HAL Hansa, HAL HT2, HAL Basant etc. At the time of uploading, I had not marked them as hot.

I would like to know, that since they are the first shots of these aircraft on JP, would they have qualified for 'hot photo' status, inspite of not falling within the 48 hour time limit.

Comment

No, they are not hot. In 99% of all cases (and I am not sure there is then 1% chance in reality) airplanes found in a museum are not hot, even if the type is new to our db.
          My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
          My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
          ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

Thanks Stefan.

Comment

Hot vs. Incident

I wanted to check if either Hot or Incident related tags apply to news events. I have a photo of RA-96019 which came to Bangalore carrying the Russian foreign minister for the tri-lateral anti-terrorism summit.

Similarly, Air India sent it's Boeing 744 to Bangalore on a special charter.

While not directly related to this thread, a clarification on the "Incident" tag would help. I am guessing it applies to an aviation accident/incident, rather than a "news incident".

Thanks in advance.
              Last edited by BangaloreAviation; 2009-10-29, 07:13.

Comment

Yes, accident means a pic of an actual accident/incident.

It is not for news.
                It is not to be used for photos of a plane that had an accident, but where taken BEFORE the accident.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                  Yes, accident means a pic of an actual accident/incident.
                  Thanks. Can I also request a response to the first question I had raised about Hot being applicable to news events but which are not directly related to the aircraft i.e. the first of type, new airline, livery, etc. ?

Comment

No, hot would also not be correct. There are many "first time visits by aircraft, airlines etc." to airports around the world each week, but they are only of local interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by BangaloreAviation View Post
                      I wanted to check if either Hot or Incident related tags apply to news events. I have a photo of RA-96019 which came to Bangalore carrying the Russian foreign minister for the tri-lateral anti-terrorism summit.
                      Not hot

Originally posted by BangaloreAviation View Post
                      Similarly, Air India sent it's Boeing 744 to Bangalore on a special charter.
                      Not hot

Originally posted by BangaloreAviation View Post
                      While not directly related to this thread, a clarification on the "Incident" tag would help. I am guessing it applies to an aviation accident/incident, rather than a "news incident".
                      Only for photos showing the accident or the result of the accident.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• I have the photo ID 2744397 rejected today because of invalid hot photos. But after that I see in database photo ID 6698236 accepted. All of two photos taken in one day so why is not my photo hot?

Comment

• Originally posted by pianisthuy View Post
                          I have the photo ID 2744397 rejected today because of invalid hot photos. But after that I see in database photo ID 6698236 accepted. All of two photos taken in one day so why is not my photo hot?
                          The first photo was accepted as hot beacuase of the paint sheme and not because of the reason given by the photographer, (ie that this was the first photo of this particular airframe). If you gave your " hot reason" as being that this was a new aircraft then that reason is invalid and so the screener concerned was within the rules to reject your shot.

Comment

• It's acceptable as hot a photo featuring an emergency landing or an accident?

Comment

• A photo showing an emergency landing usually simply shows an aircraft landing. If the incident is visible, then it can be uploaded as hot. Possible examples: Iberia MD-83 landing with the front gear not open at GVA some years back or Bluejet A320 landing with the blocked front gear.

An accident is more serious than a simple incident. The actual accident can be uploaded as hot. But there is a "ethic" limit. For example a small prop just about to crash, where we know the pilot did not survive will be rejected.
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Ok, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X