Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Rejection Question for the screeners, Digitally Manupilated ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Rejection Question for the screeners, Digitally Manupilated ?

I have a question for the senior screeners. I just uploaded a photo of N742PS, the US-PSA Retroscheme A-319. US was nice enough to spend the money to redo/enlarge the PSA Smile for a more accurate look from the original PSA and this retrojet looks more accurate than before. As no one has a shot yet on the db I thought this photo "might" qualify for prioity screening, but in the coment to screeners box I put if it not eligible for Priority screening can it please stay in que for regular screening. Within about 10 mins my photo was rejected for "Invalid Hot Photo Reason" and "Digitally Manipulated". The first reason I knew was a possibulity. Screeners, in a case like this do you have the option for the photo to remain in the que or do you have to either accept or reject ? Thanks ! The second reason was a shock ! I have never in a million years ever even considered digitally manipulating a photo I would upload to this site or other sites ! I read the explanation under rejection reasons for this and it did not seem to make sense to me. I am not making any accuzations against the screener but is it possible he was not aware of what US did to change the smile and he thought I did digitally? I hope I am wrong about this. I appreciate any help and I am open to critisism. I used my normal editing routine for the photo. Below is the attached photo !

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=906340

Respectfully,

Ron Peel
    Last edited by LGA777; 2006-04-23, 02:48.

Ron, we are about to change the 'Digitally Manipulated' rejection reason due to the negative connotation. All this is saying is that somewhere in your editing of the shot the photo has become damaged beyond acceptable standards.

In this case the background of the image has become so 'smoothed' that it looks almost painted. This can occur via use of a noise reduction program, or a misinterpretation by the camera or program of heat haze.

As for leaving a 'Hot Photo' for the normal queue we are presently unable to do this.

Sorry Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
      All this is saying is that somewhere in your editing of the shot the photo has become damaged beyond acceptable standards.

In this case the background of the image has become so 'smoothed' that it looks almost painted.
      Thanx Anthony. It's all clear to me now as well. Thought the rejection reason was due to "changing" a photo to some extend...
      Every landing you can walk away from, is a good one.

CANON EOS 20D + BG-E2 Grip
      Tamron 18-200mm XR DiII + Hood + Kenko UV Filter
      Canon EF 70-300 IS USM + Hood + Kenko UV Filter
      2 Gig Sandisk ULTRA II C/F
      2 x 2 Gig Sandisk Extreme III C/F

Comment

Yes Stephan, that's why we want to change the reason, you can expect that to happen quite soon.

Comment

AJ, thanks for your thoughtful explanation. I have submitted a different photo, taken seconds earlier and with a little different look to it, it's in the que, I will wait patientally and see what happens ? Thanks Again.

Ron Peel

Comment

Ron, we respect your photogarphy as much as everyone else's unfortunately there are a few bad apples in the bunch who abuse the 'hot photo' function and try to use it to bypass the normal queue. Hot Photo excuses have recently included:

'It's a cool picture!'

'First visit of NXXXWN to KPHX'

'I like this shot'

'New to database' (usually for a light aircraft!!)

We know you are one of the good guys, unfortunately the bad guys spoil it for you.

Matt
            My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Working...
            X