This is not LEVEL !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not LEVEL !!

I don't care how they say it is at airliners.net......ITS NOT.

web page

This is not LEVEL !!

It may or may not be 100% level.. some people will tilt their cameras deliberately or accidently....but, I'll say it here on jetphotos: I think its very possible it is level..and you are looking at an illusion during a turn. I can watch this at jfk on many days..with right aircraft using right runway..there's a point at which it looks as if the aircraft is descending..but its often just sooo far out that its not possible to get a descent image of it.

Tom

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

"level" doesn't matter that much when a plane is in flight. That plane is turning. It's also possibly climbing at a slight pitch. It will never be level.

Where level matters most is planes on the ground, or when the ground is visible as in a window view, because your eye has to have a level reference in the photo.
      View my photos at JP.Net
      Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
      Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

It does not matter what the plane looks like it is doing if no ground is visible, the photographer purposely tilt there camera to give the viewer an air to air effect.
        Jetphotos.net Photo Screener
        Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

No Dmitry. You were not there. You do not know what the photographer did with the camera anymore than you know what someone did in photoshop. (unless they tell you).

Some people will tilt the camera deliberately to create an effect. Some people will do something in photoshop..some people at least *think* they did not tilt the camera and did not rotate in photoshop.

Do you know what an illusion is?

I was just at Howard Beach with two photographers you would have heard of...and we watched one plane after take off..and I asked them: "does it look like the plane is almost descending"?? and they said "yes". not even.."in flight", but descending.

This is with the naked eye.. no camera involved... no photoshop..no nothing... *IF* our eyes could take *that* image..what would you be saying..."some people tilt their heads?"

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

Wow, still referencing 80% of your posts to airliners.net?

Cicadajet made the very point that I would have made concerning rotation and the eyes in your head.

TO C. Kilroy, I hope that one day your users will be able to enjoy your site without having to CONSTANTLY reference airliners.net. I hope that someday soon your site will be able to stand on its own 2 feet without the repetitive anet. references!

I mean, I come here to get away from it sometimes!
            [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
            Witness the miracle of flight.
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

quote:
              Originally posted by mirrodie:
              TO C. Kilroy, I hope that one day your users will be able to enjoy your site without having to CONSTANTLY reference airliners.net. I hope that someday soon your site will be able to stand on its own 2 feet without the repetitive anet. references!

Mirrodie,

This is not Airliners.Net, and thus, I am not going to get into the business of legislating which topics can/can't be discussed. If someone wishes to discuss Airliners.Net here, negatively or positively, and can do so within the rules, they have every right to do just that.
              Trump is an idiot!
              Vote Democrats!!

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

quote:
                Originally posted by Chris Kilroy:
                Mirrodie,

This is not Airliners.Net, and thus, I am not going to get into the business of legislating which topics can/can't be discussed. If someone wishes to discuss Airliners.Net here, negatively or positively, and can do so within the rules, they have every right to do just that.

That is why this forum is superior to others. It embraces the basics of free speech.

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

Thanks for the cheap hits mr. Chapman.
                  You really seem to have a problem with my pictures dont you. as this is another site here i can tell you that you are going on my nerves.
                  Cheers
                  Peter
                  Peter
                  http://www.vap-group.at
                  http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

I know photographers tilt there cameras, and there is nothing wrong with that, if needed I do that my self, I am not a ps fan of tilting to create on illusion, but if I can shoot the original like that, great, and so-be-it.

I don't think this thread should have been started, if you think thats what needs to be said, go and start the thread were it belongs, and not here. But, let me warn you, you'd get buried with ................ [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I can almost garuantee that this photo was shot with the camera tilted, the reason: well it makes a nice effect and look fantastic, that is the choice of the photographer, and in this case: Peter. And, there ARE NO RULES IN PHOTOGRAPHY.

So no need to bach Peter, he is an excellent photographer, and next time keep a.net photos discussions were they belong, and jp photos here in this forum.

Just my 2 cents....... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Dmitry
                    Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

I know photographers tilt there cameras, and there is nothing wrong with that, if needed I do that my self, I am not a ps fan of tilting to create on illusion, but if I can shoot the original like that, great, and so-be-it.

I don't think this thread should have been started, if you think thats what needs to be said, go and start the thread were it belongs, and not here. But, let me warn you, you'd get buried with ................ [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I can almost garuantee that this photo was shot with the camera tilted, the reason: well it makes a nice effect and look fantastic, that is the choice of the photographer, and in this case: Peter. And, there ARE NO RULES IN PHOTOGRAPHY.

So no need to bach Peter, he is an excellent photographer, and next time keep a.net photos discussions were they belong, and jp photos here in this forum.

Just my 2 cents....... [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Dmitry
                      Fan of Peter's tilted camera photos.
                      Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

Now this is a jetphotos.net discussion also:
                        Click here
                        [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
                        Peter
                        Peter
                        http://www.vap-group.at
                        http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

Peter, I had a good laugh about that one. LOL.
                          Dmitry Kudryn

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

Dmitry, what do you think of this dreadful image..level wise? .. its not Howard Beach.... if I had tilted the camera the darn thing would be pointing down...

btw... this things was quieter than the UA 777 that followed it.. at least from where I was standing..

Comment

This is not LEVEL !!

Does it really matter if it is level or not? What matters is that it's one hell of a picture! Kudos to Peter Unmuth, a job well-done. [img]clap.gif[/img]

[img]evil2.gif[/img]
                              Bryan
                              Corrections Screener
                              The 727: Been Gracing the skies since 1963.

Comment

Working...
                              X