Censorship in Jetphotos - an exemple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censorship in Jetphotos - an exemple.

Today, while I had some photos waiting either to be approved or rejected, I found out a photo with airport fence very visible.

I had some rejected photos before for this reason.

Hum, that's strange, I thought...

So, I try to send an e-mail to the photographer with my thoughts.

Just a simple comment.

I wrote:

"I wonder how the screeners approved this photo. Usually they reject visible airport fences on the photos. Regards, Bruno"

And I then I got this e-mail by jetphotos.net:

"The following email has been rejected and will not be sent to our member"

Why not?

Did I say something offensive?

Am I being rude?

Did I say something forbiden?

I would like who censor my e-mail and what reason for.

Thank you.
    Bruno Pires - Jetphotos photographer n.709

Originally posted by Bpatos
    Did I say something offensive?
    Imagine yourself getting e-mails like that from other people, and you'll have your answer. If you have a complaint take it up with the screeners not the photographer.

Comment

All comments are screened to photographers. This is to protect the photographers from unnecessary mail. The e-mail form does explain this.
      The photographer would not have been able to answer your question, you could have brought it to the forums or e-mailed the screeners directly.

And to try and answer your question - Airport fences are normally acceptable as long as they don't interfere with the aircraft itself.

Hope this resolves the issue for you,

Jid

Comment

"This is to protect the photographers from unnecessary mail."

Could you please explain what do you consider "unnecessary mail"?

Based on what?

Should your boss/mother/superior rank colegue/wife/whatever read your
        e-mails as well to see if they are "necessary" or not?

Or is this a way to keep people's remarks and comments under your control?

Why can't I send an e-mail to the photographer regarding the fence?

Why not?

May be he does not know why the photo is in the database, but may be he has something interesting to say.

Sorry guys, this is pure CENSORSHIP.

What if I use other language rather than English to say rather "unnecessary" or very "necessary" things?

I think everybody here posts photos because they want to show them to the world.

Therefore, they have the right to get uncensored feedback.

Whatever good or bad.

Thanks

Comment

Indeed it is censorship and the site administrators decide if it is necessary or not, not the person sending the mail. It is that simple, you have the right to disagree, which you obviously do but unfortunately those are the rules.

Jid

Comment

Very well, then.

Thank you for such clear answer.

Comment

I wonder why you would even consider sending an email like that to the photographer, when he has no chance what so ever to answer your question!

Could you please explain what do you consider "unnecessary mail"?

The one you tryed to send.

What if I use other language rather than English to say rather "unnecessary" or very "necessary" things?

They would be rejected too.

Therefore, they have the right to get uncensored feedback

Very true, but your email was not feedback, but a question the photographer can't answer, so there is realy no point in sending it is there?

Why can't I send an e-mail to the photographer regarding the fence?

Whats the point, he didn't screen and accept his photo.

Soren
              Regards
              Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Censorship? Hmmm, let me give you 2 its for free:
                • Post your question directly in the forum, for example: "What are the standards for photos showing a fence?"
                • Write a mail to the photog as for example: "Hi, I have a question regarding this photo. Please reply to that mail. Thanks"

Hardly censorship, don't you think?

And to get to your original question: if the fence covers part of the aircraft or gets too dominant in the foreground, the photo has big chances of beeing rejected.

Gerardo
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Personally I would have been very annoyed with a comment like that. I have a few shots in the DB that show fences, but they don't distract from the aircraft, so that's probably why they got in.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

Imho, Well I do respect the screeners choice on what photos are being accepted and all that, But there's definitely also some photos I wonder how they got in too. I got some photos who got rejected because they were overexposed, and I viewed some photos after that was accepted even though they were overexposed as well. Now, I can't remember the exact photos but nonetheless I wouldnt direct my questions to the photographer either as like what have been said already above, the photographer didnt screened and accepted his own photo.
                    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X