Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go to the airport to Spot or take photos ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to the airport to Spot or take photos ??

Well as Master Unmuth seems to think I only take shots for uploading to the internet I would like to ask the following.

When you go to the airport do you always bring your camera or do you sometimes just go to spot ?.

Me for example, I went to Shenzhen in early Nov and have not even used my camera since then. I've been to the airport at least three times but just felt like spotting.

Thats called a love of aviation, not just a love of uploading pictures Mr. Unmuth [img]naughty.gif[/img]

I have to have my camera....I would kill myself If i saw LOT land on 27L and I was cameraless
    Legia Warszawa - Duma Stolicy Polski
    Sail the Smooth Skies to ORD with the 767-300ER

Photos: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=5
    http://www.jetphotos.net/members/viewprofile.php?id=5

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by PolishAir42:
      I have to have my camera....I would kill myself If i saw LOT land on 27L and I was cameraless

Experienced something once. Was on my local airport (without camera), when a scandinavian helicopter made a fuel stop there. It was a very small company and still haven't figured out why it was in the Netherlands. Anyway I hadn't my camera, so I could hit myself.

Now I always take my camera when I go to an airport.

Comment

Hkg,

I suspect he was making a very different point that. One that you have failed to understand.

VH-ADG [img]laff.gif[/img]
        ADG
        No makeovers please .....

Comment

I always have my cameras with me when I am visiting an airport. Even on business trips there's always at least a digital with me. This does not mean that I am always taking photos, but it's good to know that the camera sits in the bag in case it is needed.

Regards,
          Peter

Comment

There are times I put the camera away back into the bag...just to get back to the more relaxed nature of watching..but to go to the airport and not bring the camera is to invite many rare visitors, incidents, situations etc. Murphy's Law. [img]nod.gif[/img]

always bring your camera...

Comment

I go to airport just because of spotting [img]love.gif[/img]
              <A HREF="http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613">Click Here</A> to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Actually, BigPhilNYC and I were just talking about that.

We went to the LGA terminal this past Thursday and sat in one of the bars and sunk back a few drinks while watching planes land on 22 and takeoffs on 31 and 13. Now that was great spotting. The waitresses were hot and so were the jets.

Most of the time though, I have a camera with me but only use it 50% of the time, kinda like cicadajet said. But it seems that I am the only person that really likes shooting video! So I usually have videocam with me and wait for some good stuff, then turn it on and roll film.

I like shooting images but also like to revel in the SOUND and SIGHT of that bird that flies over. [img]clap.gif[/img]
                Witness the miracle of flight.
                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Thats sounds cool Mirrodie [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I have a friend on Airliners.net, photographer Paul Paulsen. He takes his sons to the airport sometimes, and they like to film the action. It's pretty cool because then Paul takes pics and his son has the same action on video [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm still waiting to see the awesome video he took of the Polar 744 going around at 50ft over the runway [img]nod.gif[/img] [img]nod.gif[/img]

-Clovis

Comment

I take the camera to the airport every day I go. I write down each tail that I shoot, as I am a fleet collector. Am thinking of digital sometime in the near future.

I sincerely hope each of you have a wonderful holiday, however you celebrate, and have a great & prosperus New Year! Cheers!

[img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]

shamrock145hvy [img]uhoh.gif[/img]

Comment

I work at the airport. It's packed with me every day!

Comment

Kirk, you lucky guy [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I alwasy bring the camera. The planes last longer [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                          Cory Klimko
                          KSNA Photography

Comment

Well, I used to go with my binos just to watch, but now that I have my camera, I guess I'll be taking more pictures [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Clovis

Comment

Lucky is photographing in Hong Kong everyday!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X