X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Help

Hello,

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=941589

Understand the issue with the crop, looks weird with right under carriage and the nose wheel. Would a crop in between the two overwing doors be ok? Or to crop it so the right wheel is out of the frame?
    Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

The top and bottom have far to much dead space, crop it out and it should be fine.

Comment

yeah, way too much dead space at the top and bottom.

Comment

Some more sharpening on the nose section will make it look better too.

Comment

Try a more suitable 4:3 or 3:2 size ratio to get rid of the dead space above and under the aircraft.

Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

^^But be careful, Dont crop it too tight though.

Ben, You can post the orig here, so we can take a look at it.
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Hello,

Here is the original and the one ive completed

Cheers

Ben
              Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Both are in 1024pixels, Correct ?

The one in the queue is in 1024 size, Right ?

And the original was aprox. also in 1024pxl, It seems like you have resized it bigger from a small format, Right ?
                Why arent you shooting in larger resolution like (example : 3456x2304) instead and resize down to 1024pixels...

Comment

photos

They are both at 1024 :S

I do shoot at a higher res, but it was about 4mb or something so i resized it and then uploaded it on imageshack?

Ill post the original if you want, just wondering how you post something that size on here lol (me being new to this)

Comment

Originally posted by pavvyben
                    They are both at 1024 :S

I do shoot at a higher res, but it was about 4mb or something so i resized it and then uploaded it on imageshack?

Ill post the original if you want, just wondering how you post something that size on here lol (me being new to this)
                    Its up to you, but figure out to resize them in 2mb.!

I only know two sites that handles 2mb images.

Max File Size: 2048k per image

http://www.imgdump.net/ and http://xs.to/

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      ^^But be careful, Dont crop it too tight though.

Ben, You can post the orig here, so we can take a look at it.
                      Personally I don't think theres anything wrong with making a tight crop. In some shots it works well, possibly that shot although it depends who the photographer is and what he wants to do with his own image.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                        Personally I don't think theres anything wrong with making a tight crop. In some shots it works well, possibly that shot although it depends who the photographer is and what he wants to do with his own image.
                        Thats similarily to what I meant about my comment. Even though also the taste of the viewers as well have to be counted. Too tight crop for some, others not that tight, You know there's a delicate balance between these two viewers..

Comment

Hi Ben,

I was just wondering (as usual), why you seem so bent (for lack of better word) on tight-crops? I checked out your photos and they are certainly better then mine but just thought a bigger picture might be nice too. You certainly see some nice aircraft and have a nice set-up that's for sure! I guess if I could I'd go for the close-ups too...believe me, I've tried - my camera just doesn't do them justice and cropping a whole aircraft is much less touchy it seems. Anyway, just a thought - I'm new also. I like your photos no matter how they're cropped.
                          Last edited by SkyNevada; 2006-05-21, 05:22. Reason: Spellin'

Take care,
                          Brad

Comment

There isn't enough depth of field here. The nose is out of focus almost like you shot at f2.8 and were 25 feet away.

Comment

Working...
                            X