What causes this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What causes this?

I was hoping somebody could answer this question for me. I've noticed a peculiar effect when watching planes landing. I don't see it on the same plane when it comes back around to take off. What it is is a haze or what I thought was a place on top of the fuselage that the paint had oxidized. I notice it particularly on the blue Southwest planes. But, it showed up on this US Airways craft too. Here is a small picture but the area I'm wondering about is still evident. Is it just the angle of the sun or maybe condensation?

Take care,
    Brad

Looks like a dirty fuselage. I think US Airways is pretty notorious for having numerous planes with crappy paintjobs.
    [photoid=5622733]

Comment

Yea it looks like the paints worn off or something :S
      Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

[photoid=5685702]

[photoid=5681129]

[photoid=481750]

Wow....

Comment

Holey ....

Didnt expected this by US, ..but what do you know.. Its rather old..They just need the new cs.

Other than that, what a shitjob really !!
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

The paints oxidized and it hasn't been buffed in a while. The paint thins out after a while and eventually starts to peel/become oxidized. We treat oxidation at work on small props with a nice buff then a wax. They come out BEAUTIFULLY afterwards too. Nothing like taking the wings on a 1963 Mooney M20C from FULLY oxidized and chalky to shiny and sparkly!

Comment

Working...
            X