Best lense for Canon Rebel 300D/350D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dantheman
    Hey folks, do I really need the filter kit for about $200?
    I would say no, just a UV filter for the lens!

and PS . Sorry about the spelling of lens ( lense )!!

Comment

Whats your budget ?
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Good question. How much can you pay, what are you going to shoot with the Camera.

I mean surely the Canon 100-400L is good, but if you are shooting the static display at an airshow a crappy Tamron 28-300mm would serve you much better. So if you only want 1 lens to go, I would always recommend one of the Superzooms, even while knowing all the drawbacks associated with them. From Canon that would be an option : Canon EF USM 3,5-5,6/28-200 or one of those Tamron or Sigma Superzooms.

If you can afford 2 lenses, then it becomes an entire different matter.
        Last edited by seahawk; 2006-05-23, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
          Good question. How much can you pay, what are you going to shoot with the Camera.

I mean surely the Canon 100-400L is good, but if you are shooting the static display at an airshow a crappy Tamron 28-300mm would serve you much better. So if you only want 1 lernse to og, I would always recommend one of the Superzooms, even while knowing all the drawbacks associated with them. From Canon that would be an option : Canon EF USM 3,5-5,6/28-200 or one of those Tamron or Sigma Superzooms.

If you can afford to lenses, then it becomes an entire different matter.
          Exactly my point. If he can afford them, then we can start talkin..

It'd be nice if Dantheman can tell us what he'll use it for..

Comment

Originally posted by AdyWilliams
            PS . Sorry about the spelling of lens ( lense )!!
            Thou art forgiven my son.

Comment

I bought the Canon 70-200 f/4 L when I got my 350D & I must say, no regrets! Razor sharp lens + Photoshop = Bliss. I wish I had the 100-400L just so I can have the extra zoom- 200mm doesn't cut it sometimes, although with the 350D's 8 megapixels I can usually crop without degrading image quality.

[photoid=5697590]

[photoid=5691436]

[photoid=502379]

[photoid=500223]

Keep in mind, it's amazing what Photoshop can do- bumping up the contrast and getting rid of the haze can really give you some brilliant colors.

This was taken with the kit 18-55.

[photoid=462124]

I shoot sports games & stuff for school, & that's where the L glass really shines. L glass plus the 350D's 1600ISO on the football field at night without a hotflash?- all the other student photographers can't touch that! Colors are amazing!
              Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Love the cub there. Amazing sight mate..

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  Love the cub there. Amazing sight mate..
                  Thanks dude. Only in Alaska!
                  Click below.

Comment

Right on... !

You dont happen to have a photo of it when it was just about to go over the boat.. ?? You said 20 ft above ya'll ?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                      Right on... !

You dont happen to have a photo of it when it was just about to go over the boat.. ?? You said 20 ft above ya'll ?
                      My dad snapped this one from the top deck. THe boat was at a 60 degree angle to the bank, and my dad was in the center, so the plane flew right past the stern where I was (I had my 70-200 lens mounted, so I couldn't get anything).

Click below.

Comment

Well folks,

All I have to say is that my canon eos 350d arrived but with a factory defect. I will be returning it tommorow but I am now double minded since I am very impressed with the Nikon 200D camera and Canon 20D.

http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/nikond200_samples/

BTW, I also got a SIGMA 28-70mm with the canon. Will this lense work REALLY WELL with the Nikon?

Comment

If it is for a Canon, it does not work on a Nikon.

Comment

Working...
                          X