Aspect ratio and cropping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspect ratio and cropping.

Whenever I try to use the 3:2 aspect ratio thing when I crop it makes cropping very difficult (limited range of motion with the mouse) Am I doing something wrong?

Un-check grid in ................view/snap to/grid
    My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

I'll try that Greg. Thanks.

Comment

Ahhh ...

Thats beacuse PS has the overall control as like you said, the limited area such as the 3:2 crop. You control the size while PS controls the frame
        Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-05-30, 18:19.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Hmmm looks like I can't do that.

Comment

I assumed you were using grid but it would be one of the snap to commands.You need to have a picture opened to allow changes.
            My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Thanks Greg, been looking for that for a while now but couldn't find it

Soren
              Regards
              Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Hmm I still can't figure this out (I feel like a douche lol). How does everyone else crop and not have all this trouble. I can't crop with this aspect ratio with out ps lopping off a part of the aircraft or something like that. I've never really seen cropping with the 3:2 aspect ratio explained in depth.

Comment

To crop to the 3:2 aspect ratio it is very simple.

When the crop tool is open, put the number 3 in the width box and the number 2 in the height box. This will lock your cropping box to the 3:2 aspect ratio. Now when you select your box you will only crop an area which adhere's to the 3:2 aspect ratio. Now you have to play with the box size to get it to include all parts of the aircraft using the corner tools to enlarge the entire box.

I hope that makes sense.

Chris
                  Chris Sharps
                  5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
                  17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
                  24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
                  1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Thanks Chris I've got it all worked out. Sorry for not posting this sooner haha.

Comment

View > Snap. As is you'll see a checkmark next to snap, so just uncheck it and you'll have full motion with the mouse.

Comment

Working...
                      X