You gotta be kdding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You gotta be kdding!

I submitted this photo to the database yesterday and it not only got accepted, it was the second most view image of the day!

[photoid=5738699]

Now, I am most flattered and gratified that people like one of my images, but its only three guys flipping switches in a DC-10 cockpit. Why is that so much more interesting than say a georgous B-17 sitting on static display?

[photoid=5733543]

All of the images I have uploaded have between 100 and 250 views of several months, while a simple cockpit interior gets a "Top Shot" award. Can someone explain this to me?
    Last edited by Mark Kappes; 2006-06-02, 13:02.

Very nice shots there Mark, my thought is that its a view that isnt seen everyday by alot of people and when looking threw all the same side on shots and then you come across a cockpit shot, I think it gets a little more attention. All cockpit shots are always high hitters at all sites.

Comment

To add to that, getting into the cockpit is more difficult than shooting a fenced off bomber. Hence, people gravitate towards something they are less likely to photograph themselves. And of course it's a DC-10, which to a lot of folks is exotic in itself. :P

Comment

Agree with what have been said already. Nice DC10 cockpit photo, Mark !
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kappes
          I submitted this photo to the database yesterday and it not only got accepted, it was the second most view image of the day!

All of the images I have uploaded have between 100 and 250 views of several months, while a simple cockpit interior gets a "Top Shot" award. Can someone explain this to me?
          that's one of the thing that baffles me about this site. When you come onto the home page, there seems to always be a cockpit, or worse yet, seat shot in the top 2 viewed.... I just don't get it. What's so exciting about the back of someone's head?

But hey, these pics float someone's boats, or they wouldn't be so viewed.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll start taking a bunch more cockpit interiors! Cheers everyone.

Mark

Comment

Cockpit shots always catch my eye, and I'm sure others feel the same way. Plus, its not everyday you get to see a flightcrew inside of an opperating DC-10.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I'll be the first that I love cockpit shots -- especially those of a cockpit in action. I clicked on the DC-10 photo, but wouldn't really have much interest in a B-17.

Besides, my own cockpit action shot (of another pretty rare relic) got 'Top of the Day' yesterday.

[photoid=5739326]
                Trump is an idiot!
                Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Working...
                X