Portents of Something Nasty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garry,

Wow! Couldn't have said any of that better myself, mate!
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Its a shame when someone over-reacts like this and has all their photos pulled from the database. I've seen it before, but never from a former screener of all people!

And for the record, Soren's picture which "Shouldn't have made the database" was a nice shot of a classic aircraft, and I see no reason why it shouldn't have been accepted.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Holy smokes get over it already or get out!

Your shot was backlit, unlevel and soft. It says right in the page on what is acceptable for this site and things not to do: don't shoot with the sun at your back.

I agree that Soren's pic has the poles level. I bet he put a note to the screeners about the unlevel ground.

I guess now you'll post some of my "mistakes" to prove your point, which appears to be on the top of your head.

Comment

Originally posted by psyops
          don't shoot with the sun at your back.
          Err, I think you may have got that the wrong way round. I always thought you should shoot with the Sun behind you !
          Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
          Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

Originally posted by donzdonz
            IF you had taken the time to look, you would have seen that I re-uploaded photos that had been rejected with good cause.
            I really do feel for Soren, what has he done? He's done nothing atall. If you think that shot is upto standards of any site that include Airliners, Jetphotos and Planepictures then I think your in with abit of a shock. It's backlit, get over it, take another picture or just get it from another angle.

Comment

Originally posted by donzdonz
              So how do you account for this getting through the screening process, if you want to bring this in to the public gaze ?

Looks to me as though there might be just a shade of horizon problem. But, as I said, I know how it got through - I wonder if the others who post perfectly legitimate pictures on here, only to get them rejected for the silliest of reasons, feel about it. No wonder people are saying that it's getting just as bad as the "other" site !!
              Don,

Just a quick note - If you had actually bothered to put in some decent screening numbers and contribute in the crew forum like the rest of us during your time as a screener here at JetPhotos then you'll have noticed that we have had an horizon tool on the screening page for a good few months now.

It's displays a grid box across the whole of the photo, helping to judge if the horizon has been correctly leveled or not in order to make a positive decision.

This may also solve the mystery as to why your own photo was rejected for an unlevel horizon?
              Last edited by G-DALE; 2006-06-05, 16:22.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                I really do feel for Soren, what has he done?
                I did nothing except being the first to reply to his email.
                Regards
                Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                  I did nothing except being the first to reply to his email.
                  Soren,
                  What were you thinking!? Trying to be nice about it and all...
                  Bobby DeBarge
                  www.debargephoto.com
                  http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                  1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by atco
                    Err, I think you may have got that the wrong way round. I always thought you should shoot with the Sun behind you !
                    Right you are Garry. Not good woth words, put I onow which way the sun is pointing.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
                      Soren,
                      What were you thinking!? Trying to be nice about it and all...
                      Yeah! I think I'm gonna be a bitch from now on

Soren
                      Regards
                      Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                        I really do feel for Soren, what has he done?

In fact Soren has contributed more screening on this site than anyone else over the last couple of years, his contribution and dedication is without equal and his integrity is something that I have never questioned. For him to get called out by someone who made so little impact when they were part of the team is downright vicious. But contempt can be a two way street and no crewmembers lost any sleep when Don left-not that it made any difference anyway.

Matt
                        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by atco
                          I still wish you the best, a great controller and a great workmate.

Regards

Garry
                          Don is an Air Traffic Controller? I sure hope he does not vent this way to the pilots. Maybe he heard that Marion Blakey (head of the FAA) is heading his way to take over operations in his ATC system. That would be enough to make anyone cranky.
                          My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Comment

Working...
                          X