No announcement yet.

Portents of Something Nasty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this problem with a backlit picture ? If it's not in sillouette then what's the harm in photographing something ?

You cannot guarantee to get 100% north facing venues all the time, and even if you do (as in this case) the aircraft actually move - and, to my mind, these are times when a "backlit" shot looks so much better than the run-of-the-mill side on, no doors open boring rubbish !

But if that's the rules, then you can count me out !

Comment

Don, re-edit the shot, appeal it or get over it...either way it's your choice! i should have added noise to the reject too, it's almost a fitting catergory considering the amount of carry on about it.

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Thanks for you email Don. I realy hope you will tage you business some where else, cause I'm sick of you childish whining. If you want you photos deleted, I can see to that, just say the word!

Accuseing me of getting photos online here because I'm a crew member is about the dumbst thing I have ever heard! I get photos rejected just like every body else, but I don't behave like a 5 year old when that happens. If you think it helps attacking crewmembers and accuseing them of getting special treatment your wrong!
        Regards
        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

So how do you account for this getting through the screening process, if you want to bring this in to the public gaze ?

Looks to me as though there might be just a shade of horizon problem. But, as I said, I know how it got through - I wonder if the others who post perfectly legitimate pictures on here, only to get them rejected for the silliest of reasons, feel about it. No wonder people are saying that it's getting just as bad as the "other" site !!

And yes, thanks for the offer, please remove all my photos from this site !

Comment

WOW !

If this is how you react to a rejection then good luck at the "other site" Don !

This was never a public name and shame thread to begin with , but you made it one and dragged it out and sent Screeners' nasty emails.

In Soren's pic the poles and buildings in the background seem very vertical to me based on that I'd say it's how it got accepted.

If you're that keen on having your photos deleted contact:

[email protected] or [email protected]
            Last edited by Will M; 2006-06-04, 18:22.

Comment

Done

Thank you for the link !

Comment

Oh you don't have to thank me Don,

It's my pleasure
                Here to help !

Comment

Originally posted by donzdonz
                  So how do you account for this getting through the screening process, if you want to bring this in to the public gaze ?

Looks to me as though there might be just a shade of horizon problem. But, as I said, I know how it got through - I wonder if the others who post perfectly legitimate pictures on here, only to get them rejected for the silliest of reasons, feel about it. No wonder people are saying that it's getting just as bad as the "other" site !!
                  I didn't want to bring anything public, you did that by making this thread.

Regarding my photo, do you mean by "shade of horizon problem" that it is level? You must because it is.

I wish you all the best in your future uploads on other sites. With the attitude and temper you have presented here today, I'm shure other sites will welcome you photos with open arms when you start calling them names when you get a rejection!
                  Regards
                  Soren Madsen

Comment

I'm shure other sites will welcome you photos with open arms when you start calling them names when you get a rejection!
                    IF you had taken the time to look, you would have seen that I re-uploaded photos that had been rejected with good cause.

Comment

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5733491
                      Great shot Soren! I quite like it...

And BTW, I think someone here needs a tissue, I've got plenty since I just came back from the store
                      Bobby DeBarge
                      www.debargephoto.com
                      http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                      1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Don,

Wow, so much hostility.

First of all, you know exactly why you're not a screener anymore (and I'm quite glad that you aren't, given your demonstrated knowledge of lightning, sharpness, etc. in this thread). Since you chose to bring it up publicly, I'll respond publicly.

When we introduced the screener quota (of 1000 photos screened per month), you were seemingly the only person who felt it didn't apply to you. In fact, you screened 9 and 13 photos over the first two months after the quota was put in place, respectively. You also had no interaction with the crew whatsoever during this period, and decided to show up about two and a half months later in the crew forum, after one of your shots got rejected, stirring up very much the same shit, with very much the same piss poor attitude, as you have done today.

I found it very odd that someone who had contributed almost nothing to the website from a crewmember's standpoint over the previous several months, and who hadn't been in touch with any of his fellow crew over that same amount of time, would find it necessary to attack his fellow screeners like you did -- but alas, you did, and as soon as I saw it, I made the decision to remove you from the crew.

You obviously have a personality quirk which renders you unable to accept constructive criticism or suggestions from anyone, even when you're the one who asks for it to begin with. If you can't see that the helicopter photo in this thread is backlit, and soft, there's nothing else we can do for you, except maybe begin taking a collection to pay for your vision examination.

Your photos will be removed by the end of the day, and hopefully, this will be the last any of us have to hear from you, ever.
                        Trump is an idiot!
                        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

IF you had taken the time to look, you would have seen that I re-uploaded photos that had been rejected with good cause.
                          I did see that, but whats the point in re-uploading them if you want all you photos removed?

Originally posted by bobby
                          Great shot Soren! I quite like it...
                          Thanks Bobby
                          Regards
                          Soren Madsen

Comment

Don..... A special fax arrived for you from the U.S. Embassy.....

Comment

Well..............

I'm incredibly disappointed by all this.
                              I want to make a couple of things very clear before any misconceptions spread.

1. I've yet to hear one person state this site is getting like a.net with regard to photo standards and acceptance

2. The crew here are ridiculously fair. During my lengthy time as a screener I never witnessed abuses of position by the screening crew, just the opposite infact. There were numerous discussions about ensuring a fair, transparent system and all screeners rejected the idea of being able to screen their own photos. The crew invests a lot of time, including myself at that time, in striving for consistency and giving the photographer the best chance at getting a photo accepted.

3. It's highly bad form to call out other photographers in this forum. I find it grossly inappropriate to single out Soren who devotes hundreds upon hundreds of hours to this website. While I was screening Soren was far and away the most active screener, I do not have reason to suspect that has changed. As far as I am concerned given the sheer volume of time volunteered to this site Soren should get any damn photo he wants on here.

4. I had a backlit rejection the other day ironically enough. I still don't agree with it, however............I dealt with it by:
                              a) Appealing
                              b) When the appeal was rejected I moved on, end of story
                              Is it really worth getting so wound up over a photo rejection? It can't be that important can it?

5. A.net has if anything got harder to get photos on, bounding on the ridiculous at times. If you want to get frustrated about crazy rejections go ahead and upload there because you will have plenty. I have not uploaded there in over a year because it is a totally unenjoyable experience. I have not missed the place whatsoever.

6. The crew here are great people, scrupulously fair and objective and those who I have met in person, terriffic people. I cannot stand by and watch these people of great integrity get roasted and flamed.

7. For the record I think the photo is on the soft side, the backlit issue I find a little more troubling, I'd hate to see the site get to the point of a.net mentality of side on approach shots in full sunlight. I did not find the light angle overly obtrusive in the shot.

I can only hope this was a bad day Don, because I think you have been way off base with some of the things you have said and done. That said, I still wish you the best, a great controller and a great workmate.

Regards

Garry
                              Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                              Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

I cant get over the shear size of this erruption on behalf of one picture. All of this for a simple Sikorsky? Kind of one of those things where you just bite your tounge and accept the facts, and in the end, is it really worth it? Im afraid not.
                                Last edited by ExpressJet145; 2006-06-05, 03:48.
                                Ryan Davis
                                Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                                www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Working...
                                X