Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer World Cup Flights (MUC)

Hi guys,

As you know the soccer/football world championship games are about to begin in Germany (Friday, Munich). I would be interested to see a list of all charter flights especially into Munich MUC since I consider going there for spotting. Since I am unable to find any detailed information on special traffic I decided to create this post - probably some of you know more than I do

There have as well been rumors about the Emirates colored A380 paying a visit to the opening game - confirmations!?

Thanks!

(I am aware of the typo in the title btw. )
    Last edited by philip; 2006-06-07, 09:10.
    greetings,
    Philip

Hi!
    You might want to check out this link
    http://www.planeboys.de/startseite/M...uege_2006a.htm
    Don't know how accurate the list is but for a start maybe not bad.
    Peter
    Peter
    http://www.vap-group.at
    http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

It's a shame theres not many flights a day, they seem to be spread out over a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by philip
        (I am aware of the typo in the title btw. )
        For such a blatant typo you should be punished . Writing "Soccer" instead of "Football", sheesh .

Comment

Soocer ? Aint that british for Soccer.
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Football is football and that's how it's called in europe. There should not be such word as soccer.... just some dumb american invention....

Comment

The Canadian team is supposed to be flying Ryan Air into the airport I visit to clear customs. Not sure of when.

We call it Soccer because WE already have a football sport

Comment

Originally posted by Top_Gun
                We call it Soccer because WE already have a football sport
                You mean American Rugby ?

Comment

Thank you Peter!

Okay guys here is some news. After all the rumors about the A380 in Emirates colors coming to MUC and some investigations here is a statement of the airport. I think it could happen as Emirates is the main sponsor of the games - informations state that the A380 is supposed to perform fly-bys above the 'Allianz Arena' where the opening game takes place. There are also messages about tests with the aircraft in Munich in early June.

Sehr geehrter Herr XXXXX,

herzlichen Dank für Ihre e-mail.

Leider müssen wir Ihnen mitteilen, dass uns noch keine genaue Daten vorliegen. Er soll während der WM in München landen und starten, Tag und Uhrzeit werden - allen Anschein nach - kurzfristig festgelegt.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Flughafen München GmbH
                  Informationsdienst
                  Terminal- und Passagierdienste
                  i.A. S.-L. Rumpf

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. XXXX

thank you for your message.

We are sorry to say that no exact details are availalbe. The aircraft is supposed to land and take-off at MUC, day and time will - apparently - be set at short notice.

Regards,

Airport Munich GmbH
                  Informationservice
                  Terminal- and Passengerservice
                  i.A. S.-L. Rumpf

!!Please remember that the information is still not officially confirmed!!

I guess I will have to go there and see....
                  greetings,
                  Philip

Comment

Thank you Peter!

Okay guys here is some news. After all the rumors about the A380 in Emirates colors coming to MUC and some investigations here is a statement of the airport. I think it could happen as Emirates is the main sponsor of the games - informations state that the A380 is supposed to perform fly-bys above the 'Allianz Arena' where the opening game takes place. There are also messages about tests with the aircraft in Munich in early June.

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. XXXX

thank you for your message.

We are sorry to say that no exact details are availalbe. The aircraft is supposed to land and take-off at MUC, day and time will - apparently - be set at short notice.

Regards,

Airport Munich GmbH
                    Informationservice
                    Terminal- and Passengerservice
                    i.A. S.-L. Rumpf

!!Please remember that the information is still not officially confirmed!!

I guess I will have to go there and see....
                    WOW, I might be lucky then. Currently I am in MUC for business purposes and fly back tomorrow evening to AMS. Hopefully I will get a glimp of this monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Joop
                      WOW, I might be lucky then. Currently I am in MUC for business purposes and fly back tomorrow evening to AMS. Hopefully I will get a glimp of this monster.
                      Hey Joop,

Do you have a car in MUC? IF I go there tomorrow we could arrange a meet-up!?
                      greetings,
                      Philip

Comment

Hey Joop,

Do you have a car in MUC? IF I go there tomorrow we could arrange a meet-up!?
                        Unfortunately not, taxi will pick me up from the office and bring me to the airport but maybe we can meet at the airport. Send me a PM.

Comment

Just for information, it is now sure that the A380 visit will not take place, at least not tomorrow.
                          greetings,
                          Philip

Comment

Working...
                          X