Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To any EGCC spotters plz

Hi All

I spent most of the 6th and 7th at Ringway on the hill near R/W 2 it was very bright sunshine and am really struggling to get any decent shots from there i keep blowing the whites out what i was wondering is if any of you guys that go there on a regular basis could give me any ideas as what settings to use from there plz it would be greatly appreciated the gear i have is in my sig

thx
    Alan

Originally posted by FatGit
    Hi All

I spent most of the 6th and 7th at Ringway on the hill near R/W 2 it was very bright sunshine and am really struggling to get any decent shots from there i keep blowing the whites out what i was wondering is if any of you guys that go there on a regular basis could give me any ideas as what settings to use from there plz it would be greatly appreciated the gear i have is in my sig

thx
    Alan
    Got you have any pics to show us and the settings used?

Comment

Heres one example

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.fe...3/IMG_0030.JPG

Last edited by AlanF; 2006-06-08, 17:27.

Comment

It's because your not setting the exposure compensation.

Comment

Usually on a suny bright day i'll shoot at f8 and dial in a bit of exposure compensation (usually 1 stop) so that I'm under-exposing. Depends on the camera though, so i'd try a few different setting and see what works best for you. It's not as though the traffic changes much at MAN so you can always go back and try again

Comment

Alan,

Had a quick play around with the example you posted -

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Hope that helps,

Dale

Comment

Would it help to underexpose it by 0.5 or slightly over the half ?
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                Would it help to underexpose it by 0.5 or slightly over the half ?
                John, On a sunny day I usually have to underexpose my shots at 0.7 but I am using a 300D.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
                  John, On a sunny day I usually have to underexpose my shots at 0.7 but I am using a 300D.
                  Thanks man. Gives me an idea what to do on bright days. TY

J.
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Thx for all the replys guys i set the exposure compensation 1 stop to the left so obviously i need to do it 2 or 3 i am hopefully going again on monday to the mound at the start of R/W 2 so will have another play around

thx
                    Alan

Comment

Hi Alan, the one thing I noticed is your ISO setting - it is set at 200. In sunny conditions set it to 100, shoot in AV mode - F8 to 10 and exposure compensation down 1/3 to 2/3's. After you take a shot always check the histogram. The 350 will show any areas of the image that are overexposed by highlighting them and the area will flash. You know if this happens you need to knock your exposure compensation down even further.

It is strange shooting in sunshine at MAN I know, in fact I will have to make the trip there tomorrow and try a few shots myself

Jid

Comment

Thx jid will give it a go a guy that was there on tuesday said use 200 but will set it back to 100 on Monda when i go

Comment

Working...
                        X