Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the following items allowed on the plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the following items allowed on the plane?

Well, I'm most likely to go to Miami in July, and I wan't to know if the following can be transported without having problems with cops.

Checked in
    -Razor blades (probably like 24 blades)
    -Spray deodorant (something like 2-3 cans per suitcase)
    -Folding knive

Hand luggage
    -Spare AA batteries (like 10)
    -FRS/GMRS 2-way radios (turned off, of course)

I'm just trying to do a small shopping list, but I want to know what can I transport and what I can't, the flight is PTY-MIA and MIA-PTY, I think that security in MIA is going to be not that bad, as the flight is outside the US, and we fly over the US just for a little amount of time.

Any info is appreciated.
    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

I think the hand luggage will be alright although you have no chance of getting razor blades etc through. Dunno about deodrant, I took some to Turkey and they said nothing but im sure it can burst.

Comment

Deodrant isn't allowed in your hand luggage - I think it can burst and also can be used as a weapon (stupid as it sounds).
      Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Stick it all in your case mate. Saves arguing with them. Also if you smoke dont bother taking a lighter either.

Less strickt in the UK on that one but appraently shit hot in the states. Although I got my lighter through imigration 3 times (needed smokes) at JFK before someone finally spotted it on the Xray
        Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

I can only tell you what goes in europe, I know that the US is a bit different.

Checked in luggage:
          -Razor blades (probably like 24 blades) - yes
          -Spray deodorant (something like 2-3 cans per suitcase) - yes
          -Folding knive - yes

Hand luggage:
          -Spare AA batteries (like 10) - yes
          -FRS/GMRS 2-way radios (turned off, of course) - yes

Soren
          Regards
          Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

That can be misinterpreted. Dont you mean no its not allowed and yes its allowed. You got me a lil confused there mate ..
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I'm saying yes to all he wrote.

Soren
              Regards
              Soren Madsen

Comment

Alright.. Thanks for clearing that one up. I'll shut up now.

J

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  Alright.. Thanks for clearing that one up. I'll shut up now.
                  By the way there is a YAk-42 at CPH now RA-42375! Landed today at 13.55 local, have no idea when it takes off?

Soren
                  Regards
                  Soren Madsen

Comment

Well,

I don't smoke, so I have no need to carry lighters.

For the batteries I'm making up a plan to carry them in my hand luggage but not as spare batteries.

2x 3AA in the radios
                    1x 6AA in the BG-E3 battery magazine.

that's 12 carry on, plus some in the checked in.

I never had problems before with deodorant, but the last time I flew inside/out of the states was back in 2002.
                    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

For the things that are going underneath they won't say anything, I wouldn't think so as you wouldn't have access to them during flight, unless you're Jack Bower (those of you that watched last season of 24 know what I'm talking about )

Your carry on list is fine as well...so all I can say is have a good trip!
                      Bobby DeBarge
                      www.debargephoto.com
                      http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                      1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
                        For the things that are going underneath they won't say anything, I wouldn't think so as you wouldn't have access to them during flight, unless you're Jack Bower (those of you that watched last season of 24 know what I'm talking about )

Your carry on list is fine as well...so all I can say is have a good trip!
                        The only concern was with having too much spray cans in the luggage may rise concerns among the not-so-intelligent rent-a-cops and TSA people.

And thanks, the trip is going to be short, like 2-3 days, just shopping.

Pavyyben,

It can be used as a weapon, just put some fire infront of it, spray the fire and you'll see the results (try it outside your house).
                        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Indeed, its a portable flamethrower :S
                          Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Yep, and I think that some sprays can also be used as kind of a cutting torch, allowing you to cut the cockpit door and enter.
                            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by CPH Aviation
                              By the way there is a YAk-42 at CPH now RA-42375! Landed today at 13.55 local, have no idea when it takes off?

Soren
                              I saw that one came in over brøndbystrand, I was there between 12pm-17pm.
                              But I couldnt recognize who operated that one though. Do you know who's the operator of this one.. ?

Comment

Working...
                              X