Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back into it

Hey everyone.

Ive been away for the last year at uni in europe and took this weekend to get back into the shooting

I was upset that a couple of shots got rejected for the same reason.

Personally, i think that this
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1023728
    was the best of the lot.

Can anyone please help me??

Thanks alot
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

A bit of adjustment of levels,contrast and a touch of USM and.........probably salvageable if you rework from the original.
    Last edited by Greg Wilson; 2006-06-16, 11:32. Reason: Photo removed for copyright protection of owner...thread completed.
    My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

The nose is blown out which is your overexposure and the image lacks contrast in general. Certainly needs a rework from scratch.

Jid

Comment

Bit to much noise on that re-worked shot Greg. Especially around the belly area

Comment

Yes Dan it was a rework of his rejected photo ............for a guide and encouragement to the photographer............aw forget it I give up.
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

If i'm right in thinking, you were at the red triangle on sunday afternoon? If that's the case then the photos from there become very backlit.
            In the future it's best to try and get over the otherside at that time of day. The light there was fantastic on sunday afternoon and well worth the trek.

Comment

Thanks alot everyone.

I was at the triangle - and I know that it's hard with the light etc.

Is there anywhere on the other side apart from the offial park with the concorde etc?
              I dont really like to shoot too much from there and im not sure how much my 75-300 can get

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Burrd255314
                Thanks alot everyone.

I was at the triangle - and I know that it's hard with the light etc.

Is there anywhere on the other side apart from the offial park with the concorde etc?
                I dont really like to shoot too much from there and im not sure how much my 75-300 can get

Cheers
                Can you postlink the original here, mate... ?
                Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I've had to resize it slightly to fit undeer the 1.5 Mbite size limit :
                  http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8...hosting9lx.jpg

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
                    Yes Dan it was a rework of his rejected photo ............for a guide and encouragement to the photographer............aw forget it I give up.
                    Why be so negative Greg? I was just pointing out the shot had some noise issues.

Comment

I've had to resize it slightly to fit undeer the 1.5 Mbite size limit :
                      http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8...hosting9lx.jpg

Cheers
                      Hey Burrd

I have tried a couple of times, The nose turned out pretty blwned when I adjust the levels and give it some contrast as well. After a hit of USM, it looks ackward. I think its personal collection for this one mate !
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Cheers
                        The AVP comes good for light from about 3pm onwards in the afternoons at the moment and is good until sun down. 75-300 is fine. I've been shooting there with a 70-200 + 1.4x. You can't generally get side ons with that, but they're boring anyway
                        Only problem is that the departures change to runway 2 at 3pm and the best place to be is opposite the red triangle on the other side, but it's a bit of a walk to get to. We were there on sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                          Only problem is that the departures change to runway 2 at 3pm and the best place to be is opposite the red triangle on the other side, but it's a bit of a walk to get to. We were there on sunday afternoon.
                          Huh thats interesting, so was I

[photoid=5747559]

Comment

Dan,
                            That's exactly where I want to shoot from but dont know how to get there!

I can get to the red triangle with only a bit of trouble (spent 20 mins going the wrong way), and I can see there is a road on that side from an OS map, but directions would be appreciated - Im gna try and hit it before the end of the week if its sunny (fingers crossed)

Cheers for the help

Comment

Dan,
                              That's exactly where I want to shoot from but dont know how to get there!

I can get to the red triangle with only a bit of trouble (spent 20 mins going the wrong way), and I can see there is a road on that side from an OS map, but directions would be appreciated - Im gna try and hit it before the end of the week if its sunny (fingers crossed)

Cheers for the help
                              My best advice is to talk to James Rowson on the subject of driving directions. Its an 11 mile trip and those country roads aint easy to navigateat the best of times! When the sun's out early evening light is fantastic and it just gets better as the sun gets lower and splashes light into the engines of rotating aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                              X