Getting back into it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 ways to get to that spot:

1. The walking way - Park up at the hotel by the roundabout just after the runway tunnels. Walk south towards the red triangle walking on the footpath behind the fire station. Walk down the path to the river, cross over the bridge and follow the river through the tunnel. After you come through the tunnel turn immeadiately left and walk up the hill following the footpath. You'll then be on the right side of the runway. Walk down the footpath until you find a spot you like. Best places are opposite the red triangle [approx 15 mins walking time from hotel].

2. The driving way - From the AVP/Romper head towards the tunnels going under the runway. Just before the first tunnel there is a right hand turning signposted for Ashely (I think?). Turn down here and follow the road for several miles. You will find yourself driving away from the airport. Eventually you will reach a T junction with a Mitsibishi garage. Turn left here and follow the road for several more miles. The turning you are looking for is Wood Lane on the left. Turn into Wood lane and follow it. About half mile down follow it round to the right (not straight on). Follow it to the end. Just before the crash gate turn left and follow the lane. There are parking bays down this lane. Leave car and walk down lane looking for the gate that lets you get onto the footpath next to the runway. Walk around the back of the reservoir and head down to your chosen spot [Driving time from AVP 10-15 mins; Walking time 10 mins].

Alternatively.....type Wood lane into a sat nav of your choice and let it get you there

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
      2 ways to get to that spot:

2. The driving way - From the AVP/Romper head towards the tunnels going under the runway. Just before the first tunnel there is a right hand turning signposted for Ashely (I think?). Turn down here and follow the road for several miles. You will find yourself driving away from the airport. Eventually you will reach a T junction with a Mitsibishi garage. Turn left here and follow the road for several more miles. The turning you are looking for is Wood Lane on the left. Turn into Wood lane and follow it. About half mile down follow it round to the right (not straight on). Follow it to the end. Just before the crash gate turn left and follow the lane. There are parking bays down this lane. Leave car and walk down lane looking for the gate that lets you get onto the footpath next to the runway. Walk around the back of the reservoir and head down to your chosen spot [Driving time from AVP 10-15 mins; Walking time 10 mins].

Alternatively.....type Wood lane into a sat nav of your choice and let it get you there
      Thanks for that James I tryed asking Dale but I don't think he wanted to tell me

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam
        I tryed asking Dale but I don't think he wanted to tell me
        ...Or it could just be due to the fact that you got confused within the first couple of instructions On a serious note though, it does seem like a maze of country roads if you're not sure where you're going.

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
          ...Or it could just be due to the fact that you got confused within the first couple of instructions On a serious note though, it does seem like a maze of country roads if you're not sure where you're going.

Cheers,

Dale
          I've been down that lane just before the tunnels but after a few miles me and my dad thought we was going to far away from the airport so we turned around. Will have to try that again.

Comment

^^Maybe you should get one of those TomTom Go Navigators..
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Thanks alot.
              It sounds a lot easier to park at the hotel and walk coz I used to walk to the triangle from there anyway before I knew there was a road

Weather's looking good today - I may go after the england game and check it out for the evening departures.

Anyone else going to be around?

Oh, what I would give for my car to have GPS!
              (answer - £250 for the TomTom!)
              Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet intakes

Comment

Watch out for people on push bikes (that have sat-nav) if your trying to navigate those country lanes

Comment

Ha Ha

I've come across them alot - they do have a habit of straying in the middle of the road where a lost and confused spotter could easily hit them

Comment

Originally posted by jid
                    Watch out for people on push bikes (that have sat-nav) if your trying to navigate those country lanes
                    10 points if you hit anyone on bike, 15 if you can hit Jid

Comment

Anyone gonna be spotting on sunday?
                      I'm planning on a long session if the weather's nice.

Maybe we could organise an informal group session?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                        ^^Maybe you should get one of those TomTom Go Navigators..
                        Worth their weight in gold. I'd be lost without mine
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                          Well Im not much to it. Although I have used it many times when I had borrowed my bro's car.

Dont be suprised though if you meet me on a bike..
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                            My reward for having one was when one night i forgot to take the suction arm out and our friendly local neighbourhood skiprat decided to put my passenger window through to look to see if i'd left TomTom in my glovebox

Needless to say I hadn't...but it cost me a day off work and 3 hours picking up bits of glass. Don't think i've used it since then.

Comment

Working...
                            X