Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable

Good Evening,

I would like your comments on the following shot if possible.

Only recently has Leeds been getting Saudi Hercs transiting, however tonight due to delays, etc there happened to be two on the ground and therefore grabbed a quick shot. Unfortunatly the angle I had to take the picture at meant that there is a large area of 'dead' space between the aircraft. Would like any comments as to whether this is accetable and worth uploading?

Thanks

Best Regards
    BT777

I don't think it would make it. Too much of the right one is cut off, there's a lot of space between the planes, and the horizon is way unlevel. Oh well though, still not a bad personal collection shot.

Comment

Badcenter, borderline badmotive, dust spots (upper right), leaning to the left, and backlit.

Sorry but don't think it has a chance.

Comment

Now that's a bloody shame. Not often you get to see that and you get lousy light angle and can't quite get the right position to get them both in shot. Even if you'd concentrated on the single aircraft closest to you the lighting would still be against you.
        Like I say, a bloody shame.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

The first two replies were pretty harsh. It does appear to be leaning to the left slightly and there's one or two dust spots here and there, fair enough, but that can easily be fixed.

Definitely not bad motive or backlit either by the way!

Cheers,

Dale

Comment

The suns not in the best position but you'd be very unlucky to get a backlit rejection. The main issue is the centering of your subject mattter and angle. If you had moved to right right about 50 meters (not sure if this is possible) you could have got both the aircraft on near side on views with one infront of the other. As it is the center of the photograph is empty with the aircraft taking up each side of the frame. Sadly this angle just doesnt work. But i agree it is rare to get these birds in LBA. Im so used to seeing the sh*tty Jet2 737's go over i hardly ever look up anymore.

Comment

I think the biggest concern is the space between the two aircrafts like you already mentioned. The other reasons like everyone have mentioned can be corrected. Too bad about the first and main subject though. Nice shot nonetheless.
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Good morning,

Thank you for your replies. I haven't attempted to edit the picture and was gauging whether the distance in the middle was a factor, which it evidently was!

Anyway I have got up to the airport early and managed to get to a 'new area' so might have a better angle on it. I am at work at the moment so will upload when I get home.

Thanks for your help again.
                Best Regards
                BT777

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                  Im so used to seeing the sh*tty Jet2 737's go over i hardly ever look up anymore.
                  How about Continental 757s?...

Comment

Good evening - V2.0!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
                    Best Regards
                    BT777

Comment

Is that a dust spot in the top right-hand corner?... Apart from that, looking much better now

Dale

Comment

Second one's A LOT better. I like it.

Comment

Very nice 2nd shot.

Comment

Yep you've managed to get the exact angle I was talking about. Well done, excellent shot.

Comment

Thanks a lot - now in DB .

Ta..
                              Best Regards
                              BT777

Comment

Working...
                              X