Decent Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent Printer

I have decided to buy myself a decent printer can anyone recommend a good one plz my old one prints really dark prints

Canon i9900...
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Depends on what you want. If you want a all-in-one printer, I'd recommend either the Epson DX3850, or the Brother DCP-115C. If you just want a good photo printer, Epson D68 Photo Edition.
      HP also has some good models, but the cartridges are usually too f'n expensive.

Comment

cheers guys off to PCWorld in a mo to have a look at them

Comment

I've got an Epson R300, which is a bit old now but it produces cracking results. Ink's the expensive bit though.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
            I've got an Epson R300, which is a bit old now but it produces cracking results. Ink's the expensive bit though.
            Only if you buy originals .

Comment

Canon IP8500. Thats what I have.

Comment

Anything is good as long as it doesn't have "Lexmark" printed on the side

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                  Anything is good as long as it doesn't have "Lexmark" printed on the side
                  Damn straight . Their printers are usually cheaper than their cartridges.

Comment

LOL I had lexmark

Comment

I thought Epson was the Poor man's printer, having seen the review comparison... Hahaha You guys are right. Lexmark is at the bottom of the list.
                      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Epson is by far not the poor mans printer.

I'm telling you the Canon i9900 and the new one they're getting ready to release (Canon) are the best inkjet printers available. The i9900 spits out 8x10's in less than a minute that are absolutely stunning and beat pro print labs. A 13x19 in just 3 minutes. The only downside is that it's inkjet, meaning the prints won't last as long as a dye-sub at a pro lab.
                        Tanner Johnson - Owner
                        twenty53 Photography

Comment

I have an Epson RX520 all in one and if used correctly produces very good result. One thing to always check is the price of ink. For this model I can get none oem ink for 10 a set (3 colurs, 1 black).

Jid

Comment

I recently bought a Canon iP4200 from Marks and Spencer of all places, and I have to say I am impressed with the quality and efficiency of it. Beats my Epson CX6200 all-in-one hands down, and the cartridges appear to be cheaper and last longer.

Andy

Comment

I've got an HP photosmart 8450 and am completely satisfied with it...but as said, cartridges can get expensive
                              Canon 20D & BG-E2 Grip
                              EF 50mm 1.4 USM
                              EF-S 18-55mm
                              EF 28-135mm IS USM
                              EF 70-200mm f4L
                              EF 100-400L IS
                              1.4X II Teleconverter
                              Canon 420EX Speedlite
                              Canon 430EX Speedlite
                              Manfrotto Tripod and Monopod

David Wilson | Through the Fence Photography

Comment