Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*starts expertise mode*

Originally posted by jid
    I have an Epson RX520 all in one and if used correctly produces very good result. One thing to always check is the price of ink. For this model I can get none oem ink for £10 a set (3 colurs, 1 black).
    2 questions, original or compatibel? How many milliliters per cartridge?

Originally posted by exmanx
    I recently bought a Canon iP4200 from Marks and Spencer of all places, and I have to say I am impressed with the quality and efficiency of it. Beats my Epson CX6200 all-in-one hands down, and the cartridges appear to be cheaper and last longer.
    Except there are currently only originals available for all the new Canon printers . Had you bought the predecessor, the IP-4000, things would've been cheaper.

Originally posted by medic1
    I've got an HP photosmart 8450 and am completely satisfied with it...but as said, cartridges can get expensive
    Oh yeah, one of those printers with a special photo-grey cartridge. At least those cartridges have a good capacity.

*end ink pro mode*

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
      *starts expertise mode*

Except there are currently only originals available for all the new Canon printers . Had you bought the predecessor, the IP-4000, things would've been cheaper.
      Will have to check when I get home ... saying that I do need to order more as I what I have in the machine right now is all I have.

Comment

Originally posted by jid
        Will have to check when I get home ... saying that I do need to order more as I what I have in the machine right now is all I have.
        Hm, that's never good. Murphy's ink law: The cartridge(s) is always empty when you have to print some very important stuff and all shops are closed.

Comment

*starts expertise mode*

*end ink pro mode*
          Maybe, but A) I don't use substitue inks and B) M&S didn't do the iP4000 and at the time this was my best option.

And I'm a lifetime Nikon user. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to admit that a Canon is a good buy! But it gives me excellent prints and I am well chuffed with it.

Oh, and M&S sell the ink and they are open 7 days so never a problem with running out (except the cost!)

Andy

Comment

Well i ended up getting a Lexmark P6350 for £74.99 RRP £149.99 i know someone said that Lexmark are crap but i have never had a problem with them in the past thx for all the input

Alan

Comment

In that case, enjoy paying for the cartridges .

Comment

In that case, enjoy paying for the cartridges .
                There not to bad tbh its not as if i will be printing loads of photo's just wanted a decent printer to do it on plus when i do have to buy some i will search online for them

Alan

Comment

Even still, for a used Canon IP-4000, the black cartridge provides 3x the printing capacity compared to the HC cartridge for the Lexmark cartridge, and only costs 1/8th*. But you gotta know what's best for you .

*based on prices at the store I work at.

Comment

I have the Canon MP130 (multifunction), I paid I think $99.99 1 year ago, the ink is cheap, I think something like $6.99-8.99 for the black one and 9.99-11.99 for the colour one, but they don't last that much.

I used to have a Lexmark Z12, I remember going through a shortage of ink once, no store in the city sold cartridges for that particular model, I spent like 1 month without printing or printing in small quantities, or printing in my dad's office, and then getting the cartridges at $59-69, after that, I moved to a city located close to the american border, so I bought 3 cartridges every time I went to the states.
                    [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Working...
                    X