X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get one uploaded..

with a 20 year old SLR?
    Here's the deal-
    I have a 20-year old Minolta Maxxum 5000 with AF50 and AF70-220 lenses. It was a good camera back then, what with being one of the first AF-capable cameras. I also have a Panasonic DMC-LZ2, which is of the Lumix line. It is great with static shots. I have 3 shots in the DB with it, none with the Maxxum. The problem: the lumix has no optical viewfinder, only the big digital one, which makes tracking a moving object at a relatively high speed (ie- aircraft) with any sort of accuracy close to impossible. Is there anything I can do to bring shots with the Maxxum up to database standards?
    Thanks for all your past (and future) help, guys!
    A.M.

[photoid=550581]

[photoid=550310]

[photoid=550144]

[photoid=452276]

[photoid=452269]

Taken with a 31 year old Ricoh Singlex TLS

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
      with a 20 year old SLR?
      Here's the deal-
      I have a 20-year old Minolta Maxxum 5000 with AF50 and AF70-220 lenses. It was a good camera back then, what with being one of the first AF-capable cameras. I also have a Panasonic DMC-LZ2, which is of the Lumix line. It is great with static shots. I have 3 shots in the DB with it, none with the Maxxum. The problem: the lumix has no optical viewfinder, only the big digital one, which makes tracking a moving object at a relatively high speed (ie- aircraft) with any sort of accuracy close to impossible. Is there anything I can do to bring shots with the Maxxum up to database standards?
      Thanks for all your past (and future) help, guys!
      A.M.
      hey, I have that same camera! among my other Minolta SLRs

Comment

Maybe you can show us some samples, so people can judge by the quality of your Maxxum photos.
        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

@ Chris- LOL Really?
          @ John-
          (Mind you, I was just starting with photography when I took these. Thus, please disregaurd backlit, unlevel, subject cut off, + all other newbie mistakes.)

Comment

IMO I find the P-51 Mustang and that thunderbird awesome. These two has the best chances to get in, Good luck with getting them in.

Comment

I've tried, that's the problem. Both rejected, because they are too noisy.The question is how do I make the next ones better?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                I've tried, that's the problem. Both rejected, because they are too noisy.The question is how do I make the next ones better?
                Can you send me the origs ...??

Send it to [email protected] And I'll give it a try later on.

Comment

Sure...I could just transfer via msn if you wanna get on.

Comment

Just a quick tip for you. If you're upoading photos that are scanned it's worth sticking a note into the screeners that they were taken with film. We understand that it's more difficult to get acceptable photos and will try to accomodate where possible. They still need to be edited the best you can, but if it's a rarer subject or older one we will try to be a bit more lenient.

Cheers, James.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, James. I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
                      X