Why are my pictures so noisy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are my pictures so noisy?

I have a hunch it has to do with setting, but which ones. This is a recurring problem, and it is ruining my shots.
    Thanks for any help,
    A.M.

Probably either the ISO setting or your a Nikon user

Difficult to tell though unless we can see some examples and exifs...post some examples if you can.

Comment

I dont know about you guys, but for me its really hard to see the noises when the photos are in small scales in the samples provided by Stecker.
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I thought it was Canon throwing out reject cameras with noise problems like the 30D
        Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

Damn! I hate photobucket. Let me try again...

That's better. See attachments for some others.
          Cheers!

Comment

IMHO It seems like the noises arent your biggest concern, its more like compression in your photos that are present in those photos.

Maybe a screener can redefine my comments...

Comment

That may be because I resized them from 2500px to 1100px. How do I get around compression?

Comment

It would help if you let us know what settings you use when you shoot? In general most of my outdoor sunny day shots are taken in AV mode F8 or F9 using ISO 100. If your ISO is set to high, there's your noise.

Comment

My ISO settings are on auto, thus I don't know what they were at the time of the shooting...what are proper settings for different uses?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                    My ISO settings are on auto, thus I don't know what they were at the time of the shooting...what are proper settings for different uses?
                    Can you tell us what PS camera is that one you are using. TY

Comment

You insist on humiliating me, John! I use a Panasonic DMC-LZ2 Lumix...it sucks. Right now I have my eye on a Kodak Z740 as my next one.

Comment

You insist on humiliating me, John! I use a Panasonic DMC-LZ2 Lumix...it sucks. Right now I have my eye on a Kodak Z740 as my next one.
                        No sirr, It just hard to talk about a camera we dont know what about... Thanks.

Btw Set your ISO on 100. Would do perfect for sunny days...
                        ISO 400 on evening or night shots..

Comment

Easy John, I was just razzin you.
                          So, what you are saying is-the brighter the setting, the lower the ISO?

Comment

Easy John, I was just razzin you.
                            So, what you are saying is-the brighter the setting, the lower the ISO?
                            Set it to 100 at sunny conditions and raise to 200-400 as your shutter speed decreases in lower light.
                            White balance----: Stay with Auto.!

Comment

Working...
                            X