X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo useage help.

So I got this in my email earlier,

Dear Mr. Rudge,

I have seen your beautiful photograph of 4 Fokker Triplanes on jetphotos.net. I would be grateful if we could use this photograph in our museum magazine \'Verenigde Vleugels\'. The Aviodrome is the Dutch National Aviation Museum and Theme Park.

Of course, we will be very hapy to mention your name with the photograph and we will send you a copy of our magazine with your photo.

Sincerely,
    In response to
    [photoid=445789]

So, Should I charge, if yes, how much, etc/all the usual questions. Anyone know much about the place, is it non profit etc?
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

The Aviodrome at Lelystad is the Dutch national aviation museum. An excellent place to visit and I for one would be dead chuffed to have a picture of mine in their brochure. However, I am not sure what, if any, their charitable status is or how thye are funded. The Dutch chaps would be best placed to answer that one. Or go to their website and look.

Bij Luchtvaartmuseum Aviodrome ontdek je een wereld vol avontuur en ervaar je de luchtvaart van toen en nu. Sla je vleugels uit. Ga, doe en ontdek het zelf!

However, I am sure if you responded with a small charge they would consider it. Wouldn't like to contemplate how much. If it was mee free access for a couple of trips would do me fine!

Andy

Comment

I agree with Andy. The following is a clip from the "sponsoring" link on their website.....

....Sponsors automatically become a member of the Aviodrome Business Club. Members of the Aviodrome Business Club contribute directly to preserving the aviation heritage of the Netherlands. This support we can not do without, because the Aviodrome does not receive structural government grants.
      (My bold type)

Perhaps you could offer your picture in return for a couple of entry tickets and a printed credit ?

Looking further into the site it is obvious that a great deal of time and effort is being put into developing an interest in aviation for children. For that alone I personally would not want a financial reward for use of my picture. I do emphasise "personally", the choice is ultimately yours to take.

By the way, bloody good photograph.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Working...
      X