X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Screening For Farnborough & RIAT

Hi Guys

we'll be doing priority screening for these two events, please state event in your uploads and we'll assess them using priority screening. 7-10 days after the conclusion of each even seems fair enough for you all to get your shots edited and uploaded.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

So for my comments I would put RIAT '06? Just making sure...

Comment

And the normal photos already in the queue will be put on "standby" so these event shots will get screened first. Excuse me But why ?
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

yeah why, it's not like any US Airshow like Nellis or Oceana get priority screening?

Comment

So should the hot photo box be checked when uploading shots from Fairford or Farnborough?

Comment

How about a couple of the canadian shows? Abbotsford and the CIAS here in Toronto. How do you guys deteermine the shows that get priority screening anyways? by scale of the event , performers?.

CIAS 06 is one of the best in north america for sure...
            F-22
            CF-18
            F-18
            F-15
            F-16
            F-104
            E2
            F86
            Snowbirds
            B25

then you got the civilian performers.

Comment

Yep, for newsworthy shots, be it for example flight exhibitions, new a/c types, new colors for a type (e.g. an A330 in UAL colors ... ), simply upload as hot photos. We will most probably have a banner for them as we had for the ILA.

But please, do a bit of self screening. The 37th side on shot of a Cessna 172 will most probably not beeing considered as hot photo.

Gerardo
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I'll have to go on monday then get in first
                2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                  Yep, for newsworthy shots, be it for example flight exhibitions, new a/c types, new colors for a type (e.g. an A330 in UAL colors ... ), simply upload as hot photos. We will most probably have a banner for them as we had for the ILA.

But please, do a bit of self screening. The 37th side on shot of a Cessna 172 will most probably not beeing considered as hot photo.

Gerardo
                  Let me see whether I've got this right, just for clarity's sake.

(1) Photos from RIAT and Farnborough will be priority-screened if they are marked as hot photos during upload. (This is not what Montague said, but how else can priority shots be brought to screeners' attention?)

(2) However, only the following qualify as hot photos:

(a) new aircraft types (presumably including ones that have been photographed before, e.g. the A380);

(b) aircraft types appearing for the first time in new liveries; and

(c) aircraft of any type during their flying display.

(3) Priority screening for each airshow will run from when aircraft start arriving at the venue to 7-10 days after the event ends, that is possibly up to 26 July for RIAT and 2 August for Farnborough (please clarify these dates).

If I've got it wrong, please correct accordingly. I'm not trying to set the rules for you but I think it's important to be clear, both to save the screeners unnecessary work and because, presumably, photos incorrectly labelled as hot will get rejected.

Charles

Comment

I think I may just upload any Fairford pictures I get as normal and let the screeners take their time. It would have to be a pretty special picture I think in order to jump the queue.

Andy

Comment

But I'd like to know what jp.net considers special, particularly if a banner is going to be set up.

Comment

Originally posted by kukkudrill
                        Let me see whether I've got this right, just for clarity's sake.

(1) Photos from RIAT and Farnborough will be priority-screened if they are marked as hot photos during upload. (This is not what Montague said, but how else can priority shots be brought to screeners' attention?)

(2) However, only the following qualify as hot photos:

(a) new aircraft types (presumably including ones that have been photographed before, e.g. the A380);

(b) aircraft types appearing for the first time in new liveries; and

(c) aircraft of any type during their flying display.

(3) Priority screening for each airshow will run from when aircraft start arriving at the venue to 7-10 days after the event ends, that is possibly up to 26 July for RIAT and 2 August for Farnborough (please clarify these dates).

If I've got it wrong, please correct accordingly. I'm not trying to set the rules for you but I think it's important to be clear, both to save the screeners unnecessary work and because, presumably, photos incorrectly labelled as hot will get rejected.

Charles
                        you pretty much got it right...it's not so much about the special a/c but more about the event. I'm sure the screeners will decide which pics are fit for the banner and what's not.

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Thanks Montague. I suppose in due course you'll let people know till when they can upload priority photos for each event.

Charles

Comment

I've got a few RIAT shots slowly appearing on here, picking the only the best for priority....is there a front page banner?
                            Last edited by Manc; 2006-07-17, 11:36.
                            2x Canon 1Dmk3 -- Canon 400mm F2.8 IS L - Canon 100-400mm L IS USM -- Canon EF 70-200mm L IS F2.8 --Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L

Comment

Originally posted by Manc
                              I've got a few RIAT shots slowly appearing on here, picking the only the best for priority....is there a front page banner?
                              Some very nice ones too Ian. Far better than mine. Just about all my flying shots turned out underexposed for some weird reason!!

Glad I went home early now!

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X