Has your photos gone to print?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has your photos gone to print?

I'd like to find out about those who have had their photos in print.
    How did they hear about you or your photos?
    What size/quality were requested?
    What was it?
    And if you don't mind, how much was paid?

One person once asked my brother if he could use his picture in a book. I don't think it was any particular resolution ect.

Mongoose<----- Has no clue about the price.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Kirk Webber:
      I'd like to find out about those who have had their photos in print.
      How did they hear about you or your photos?
      What size/quality were requested?
      What was it?
      And if you don't mind, how much was paid?

Kirk,I contributed slides to 3 different books on 747's
      & was paid app £20 each slide.For a small photo in Aircraft Illustrated i was paid £25.
      Why me? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] The author is a friend. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img] [img]clap.gif[/img]

Comment

yes, TIME magazine 10/28/02 for which I was paid a three-digit fee. [img]clap.gif[/img]

It was only a small piece of my photo...but hey, ya gotta start somewhere!!

bruce
        View my photos at JP.Net
        Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
        Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Hey Bruce don't be shy,give us the figures.Most of us haven't a clue what is a fair price to charge.The more examples we can see on forums like this the less chance we have of being ripped off by stingy end users. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
          Regards
          Geoff.

Comment

I sold loads of aviation memorabilia on eBay.

Many 1980s vintage Pan Am destination tags were bought by Barnaby Conrad for his Pan Am book – he paid around $50.00 for like 10 mint condition tags. They were OSL, HEL, NCE, FCO, and some other European destinations. He only used one of them for the book, though.
            JR FlyingTexan

Comment

I've had only one published in print (that I know of [img]uhoh.gif[/img] )... In Aero Magazine, a magazine in Brazil.

Its an overview of the terminals in Atlanta. Made the first page of the article and is one of the larger photos. I'll scan it shortly...

I didn't ask for money- I wanted at least one aircraft photo published! I didn't have much of a problem giving it away to an aviation magazine...Next time, I'm definately charging though. [img]evil2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X