Planning Short Trip To Zurich (zrh) Nov 22nd - 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Short Trip To Zurich (zrh) Nov 22nd - 26th

This open to all mates and not just the one I know on here , but I am planning a quick Thanksgiving get-away spotting trip to ZRH on NOV 22nd - NOV 26th. Any mates interest in tagging along or meeting between these dates? I'll also definately have a hotel room so if someone needs an extra bed to share the hotel cost I also welcome that.

The invitation is open so feel free to let me know if there are any interests.

Cheers - Jay

Originally posted by marco_polo
    This open to all mates and not just the one I know on here , but I am planning a quick Thanksgiving get-away spotting trip to ZRH on NOV 22nd - NOV 26th. Any mates interest in tagging along or meeting between these dates? I'll also definately have a hotel room so if someone needs an extra bed to share the hotel cost I also welcome that.

The invitation is open so feel free to let me know if there are any interests.

Cheers - Jay
    I'd like to meet up for sure but I can't say if I can go there right now. November is quite far away.

Anyway, if you need spotting tips:
    zrh.airlinerpictures.net

Try Unique Finance GPT to increase productivity by automating manual workload through AI and ChatGPT solutions.
    greetings,
    Philip

Comment

Just tell me when you're there, I'll be around

Comment

Philip and Gianluca:

If you guys can make it out that would be fantastic but I agree it is quite for out and not holding you mates to set the schedule in stone. I pretty 99% sure I am heading over there. Getting most of the itinerary finalize next week.

... I am just posting this thread early to try to entice my U.S and Canadians mates to tag along with me in the Fall and giving them heads-up... hehehe.. So far they been pretty quiet. I am just kidding.

In anycase, it is also a good heads-up you let you mates know I am heading out there and definately be interested in meeting-up. I drop another thread again a couple weeks before I travel in November.

Cheers - Jay

Comment

cool, i be there! have to buy a ticket then i come from amsterdam schiphol.
          to share a room would be great for the costs so let me know which hotel etc.

Comment

Sorry for the long response. I have not been on Jetphotos in days. "Gouryella" I wish had check the site earlier as I would have not problem splitting the hotel with you. I finally got a couple of mates together from PHX and CLE who will be going to ZRH with me for spotting / bag-packing trip. The trip is all booked and we are leaving the US on NOV 18th - 25th. We are going to be in ZRH from 19 thru 21 and then in Basel and Bern until Thursday 24th. Then will be back to ZRH on Friday. We are probably going to do specific spotting in the afternoon from the fence area, of couse, with great weather and sunlight.

I might be able to help you out on the Hotel but I am not quite sure yet since we have 3 people in the room already. We are staying at Hotel Sternen Oerlikon not far from Oerlikon station.

Alright mates, I will you in more and a few weeks before we travel and see if we all can get together for spotting. We pick a day with possibly nice weather .

Cheers - Jay

Comment

Have fun Jay, check out the observation decks to mate. Some half decent shots to be had from there in the right conditions and light

[photoid=5700747]
              [photoid=5699692]
              [photoid=5699696]

If you like Swiss that is

Comment

Jay, I'd love to tag along. since I renewed my US passport, I'm gonna start to abuse it more. I just have to look for airfares to ZHR. But I'll have 4 days off from work. Most likely I could do Nov. 23-25/26.

Cheers,

Kevin

Comment

Dan:

I shot from the main observation deck before never the style you shots. They are awesome and but I cannot figure out how you get these shot from the main observation deck since the aircraft is already so high above your head unless it is taking off on in the opposite direction. Is it? Here are some shot from my last year trip.

[photoid:5659561]
                  [photoid:5660036]

Your input is appreciated mate cause I drooling over your first photo. Btw.. I definately do I SWISS. Well I think you are on your way to Australia so just wanted to wish you a safe and pleasant journey mate.

Cheers - Jay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin:

It would be awesome if you can join. 4 days should be enough for spotting at ZRH. I pretty much set with my itinerary. SInce you are on the east coast you should be able to find a good rate. Since I am leaving from PHX I outta here on BA. I think AA and UA have some pretty do deals leaving from Dallas, Chicago, and New York. I am only going to be in ZRH for 3 days and then off to other parts of Switzerland. If you can, try to get there between NOV 18th - NOV 21st. I will be back in ZRH on NOV 24TH the day before my departure back home. The 24th is a possible spotting day but I cannot guranatee when I will get back into town.

Keep me inform and let me know what your plans are.

Cheers - Jay

Comment

Jay:

Thanks for your kind words

The aircraft were taking off from right to left on the runway infront of the main observation deck most of the time. This, coupled with a 100-400mm made for some interesting captures. We luckily got to ZRH on the first day of the summer schedule for the second deck and ramp tour so we spent the day going between both the decks. As ive only been there once i cant be to sure on the light but from what im remember the main deck is good in the morning Enjoy your trip. Ill give you an email when i get to Australia on Wednesday!

Comment

Dan, have the pictures with the Alps in the back been taken from observation deck at Terminal B or E?
                      greetings,
                      Philip

Comment

Hi Philip, as said ive only been to ZRH once so don't know much about the details and layout of the airport, but If I told you I was on the second deck (to the right of the main one) shooting in the afternoon with good visability at 400mm for that swiss shot would that help? They were using the same runway as i talked about earlier going right past both of the observation decks from right to left for takeoff's.
                        Last edited by BA747-436; 2006-07-24, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by marco_polo
                          I am only going to be in ZRH for 3 days and then off to other parts of Switzerland. If you can, try to get there between NOV 18th - NOV 21st. I will be back in ZRH on NOV 24TH the day before my departure back home.
                          Can't do Nov. 18-21, Jay. I could only do 23-26 becuase those are the days tht I'm off from work. The fares to ZRH is only $630 r/t from ORF.

Kevin

Comment

Awesome idea! I haven't been to ZRH yet and I'm probably free (as always...) in Nov, so I'll certainly look into it! If I was to share the hotel room with you, what would the price be?

Comment

Okay Dan, I see. So you have been on the deck with the restaurant and kids playground? (static Helicopter,...) I'm asking because I have been to ZRH dozens of times but never managed to get the Alps in the background.
                              Last edited by philip; 2006-07-24, 10:57.
                              greetings,
                              Philip

Comment

Working...
                              X