What size do you upload your pics at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size do you upload your pics at?

I've been uploading my first few in 1280x1024, some in 1200 but I've seen alot of pics in 1024.
    Even with my little 15' monitor I still enjoy big pics [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Also, I'm in dire need of Photoshop 6 or 7, or any for that matter. I'm using something called Adobe Photodeluxe Home Ed. right now. It has alot of nice functions, like USM, easy resizing, JPEG clean up etc... but when I save pics in JPEG, even with all maximum quality settings, I get some compression that's taking away from the picture quality...

-Clovis [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Clovis, look for Adobe Elements, it has what we need for photo editing. As far as compression, with Elements set it for max quality at 10. I dont use any compression at all.

As far as upload size, I personally like 1024.

Keep the pics coming!

Comment

I always use 1024x683 pixel for uploading to databases like jetphotos.net. In my opinion you can achieve the best quality with that size (unless you have a digital SLR :laugh [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]. And a width of 1024 pixel is somehow established as it can also be viewed at smaller monitors without scrolling.
      Happy Spotting!

Frank
      FU Airliner Photography

Comment

Steve, I'm using Adobe "Photodeluxe, and it set max quality at 10 aswell. I'm downloading Adobe Elements to try it out, its only good for 30 days though [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Frank, sometimes I like smaller images, but when I guys has a D30 or D60 and uploads in higher sizes I enjoy looking at smaller details that I wouldn't see in 1024. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-Clovis

Comment

Is Adobe Elements better for this type of photgraphy then sat Photoshop 6/7? Thanks. And what do you think is the best size to upload? Ballpark figure? Thanks again.
          Cory Klimko
          KSNA Photography

Comment

Nothing is better then PhotoShop.

1024 x ??? is adequate.

Jeff

Comment

Ahh, okay. I have Photoshop 6.0. So I'll continue to use that.
              Cory Klimko
              KSNA Photography

Comment

Working...
              X