Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon Next project after 30D ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Canon Next project after 30D ??

    So what is the next project by Canon after 30D ??

    The Canon EOS 35D (or EOS 40D or EOS 50D) is presumably the next type-designations.

    Im not expecting that EOS 25D will come as a degraded version either ! to those who wont go after the 30D.


    • EOS D30 - 5/17/2000
    • EOS 1D - 9/25/2001
    • EOS D60 - 2/22/2002
    • EOS 1Ds - 9/24/2002
    • EOS 10D - 2/27/2003
    • EOS 300D (Digital Rebel) - 8/20/2003
    • EOS 1D MkII -1/29/2004
    • EOS 20D - 8/19/2004
    • EOS 1Ds MkII - 9/21/2004
    • EOS 350D (Digital Rebel XT) - 2/17/2005
    • EOS 1D MKII N - 8/22/2005
    • EOS 5D - 8/22/2005
    • EOS 30D - 3/21/2006
    • EOS ??-??/??/2006 ???

    According to my local dealer, he says that there's a good chance that it will be the 40D. Im excited to see the differencies compared to 30D.
    But again, he'd maybe guessing about the "40D".
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-07-25, 01:30.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

  • #2
    I'm guessing that 30D replacement will come next year maybe(look at timings between 10D-20D-30D, abour 18months between each model).

    But I would expect 350D replacement and new 1 series body before or at photokina.
    http://ovp.fi

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Olli Vainio
      I'm guessing that 30D replacement will come next year maybe.
      Yeah, Best guess would be a release at Spring next year ?

      Originally posted by Olli Vainio
      But I would expect 350D replacement and new 1 series body before or at photokina.
      Maybe an upgraded version with a redesigned body (more EOS 30D like) ??

      How about a better coating instead of plastic ?
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

      Comment


      • #4
        doesnt really matter does it? anything canon releases will still be far superior to anything nikon can produce.
        My photos on J.net

        Comment


        • #5
          We will see the 350D replacement and I expect a FF solution at around 2000$.
          My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
          My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
          ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

          Comment


          • #6
            Lets hope Canon get the battery right/stop consuming so much power. The 30D isn't excatly old but 750 shots on 1 charge is pretty poor. Well compared to what Nikon have its in the stone age. Ive always wondered why people with Canon had battery grips
            Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR













            Comment


            • #7
              750 seems better then what my D200 gets out of a charge. It is not the camera, blame those bigger and biger lCDs n the back.
              My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
              My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
              ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

              Comment


              • #8
                new EOS

                One thing I would like to see in what ever replaces the 30D is a return to having 100 pictures to a folder instead of 1000 the 30D has.

                I say that because I find when sorting a large number of files it is easier to work with folders that have 100 pictures in them.

                My Stuff on The Web

                http://www.ryanhothersall.net/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kniesel
                  doesnt really matter does it? anything canon releases will still be far superior to anything nikon can produce.
                  Nowhere did I mention about Nikon. I'm just curious. Its not because CA can do better than NI. We all know know. Its just the matter of what cam you have.

                  Originally posted by Seahawk
                  It is not the camera, blame those bigger and biger lCDs n the back.
                  Well then dont use it ? You chimping on your photos, Right ? If you do, Go figure !

                  Originally posted by Ryan
                  One thing I would like to see in what ever replaces the 30D is a return to having 100 pictures to a folder instead of 1000 the 30D has.

                  I say that because I find when sorting a large number of files it is easier to work with folders that have 100 pictures in them.
                  That would make things much more easier, yeah I agree Ryan !
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X