Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha....

Originally posted by seventwo
    Well sorry if you took offense to it, I was jk...

Non taken. Just not my day , thats all.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by hkgspotter1
      My 100-400 has only been in use for a couple of weeks and already got me some GREAT shots at 400mm!
      I don't doubt it for a minute that you've got some great results from yours. I'm just bitter about mine as i've had a total love/hate relationship with mine.
      It's had the IS replaced (which failed after 6 months) and it's also recently had a new autofocus motor put in (at huge expense). It was also re calibrated.
      It now works the best that it ever has. It's much more useable over 300mm than it ever has been before.
      However, i've also come to discover that the push pull has been the mostly likely contender for my dust problem on my 20D. It used to suck dust like a vacuum cleaner onto the sensor. The problem is so much better since I switched over to a twist set up, with far fewer cleaning sessions needed.

I then tried the 70-200 set up. The results are just so much more consistent than my 100-400 ever was. The number of keepers I get has risen again, so for now the 70-200 is the weapon of my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
        I then tried the 70-200 set up. The results are just so much more consistent than my 100-400 ever was. The number of keepers I get has risen again, so for now the 70-200 is the weapon of my choice.
        Exactly...
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
          However, i've also come to discover that the push pull has been the mostly likely contender for my dust problem on my 20D. It used to suck dust like a vacuum cleaner onto the sensor.
          My experience so far with the 100-400L has been the opposite. That moving rear element seems to do a great job of blasting dust off the sensor when I pull the zoom back! In a series of photos taken with the 100-400L I usually find dust spots liberally sprinkled on the first few shots but most of the spots disappear from later shots.

Comment

Working...
          X