I Don't Understand These Shots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Understand These Shots!

I've seen hundreds of shots like these but where the hell is the aircraft?

One amazing departure headed to La Havana, Cuba as CFG185. Night spotting with my new Bogen Manfrotto tripod ;). [Canon EOS 350D Digital Rebel XT + Sigma 55-200mm f4-5.6 DC]. D-ABUD. Boeing 767-330(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
    DTVAirport

[photoid=5761127]

Simple. Its a low shutter speed image. The aircraft starts to roll, the camera has its first position in the frame, as it moves it leaves "marks" where it came from and along the track it continues trough the image. Tricky question but I'd say the aircraft is all over the image.and not actually on a single spot. Now I can't see the exif, thus I can't tell you how frames per sec this one was. Hope that helps.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

This belongs in the Aviation Photography forum.

Frames per second? It's not a video, so it's only ONE frame, for however long the shutter was opened.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Paul be right

and for the record, I freakin love long exposure shots

Comment

I love that shot

btw how do you do those thumbnail links plz ?

Comment

Does this count as a long exposure because I friggin love this one.
            [photoid=5777895]

Comment

The aircraft in that frame is where the lights end on the left side of the frame...

Jordan : It's not a real long exposure I don't think because the wing is sharp, but it's not your standard shutter speed for a daylight shot simply cause it's dark, which as the aircraft flew it blurred the lights below.
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                This belongs in the Aviation Photography forum.

Frames per second? It's not a video, so it's only ONE frame, for however long the shutter was opened.
                Yeah. You're right.

You knew what I meant !

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  Does this count as a long exposure because I friggin love this one.
                  [photoid=5777895]
                  From the remark to the mentioned picture:
                  .. for a 2 second handheld exposure....

I guess this makes it a long exposure.
                  Good job brian
                  Peter
                  http://www.vap-group.at
                  http://www.austrianaviation.net

Comment

Originally posted by bmiChris2k5
                    I've seen hundreds of shots like these but where the hell is the aircraft?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5761127
                    Wow. The plane is in the air there bud. Its a super secret government rocket ultra plane and its got all kinds of bright lights and shiny thingys on it BUT SHHHHHHH.....you're not supposed to be able to see it! It just goes so fast! This was one of the times that someone was able to take a picture of it. But oh oh, it only comes out at night

Comment

here is a different type of long exposure

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                        [photoid=5761127]

Simple. Its a low shutter speed image. The aircraft starts to roll, the camera has its first position in the frame, as it moves it leaves "marks" where it came from and along the track it continues trough the image. Tricky question but I'd say the aircraft is all over the image.and not actually on a single spot. Now I can't see the exif, thus I can't tell you how frames per sec this one was. Hope that helps.

Exposure Time = 15" atleast thats what the Iexif data reads.....

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                          Wow. The plane is in the air there bud. Its a super secret government rocket ultra plane and its got all kinds of bright lights and shiny thingys on it BUT SHHHHHHH.....you're not supposed to be able to see it! It just goes so fast! This was one of the times that someone was able to take a picture of it. But oh oh, it only comes out at night
                          ^^Hahaha. Its also on the Ground.

@ KCmh.

Looks normal to me ? How long was your exposure anyway then?

Btw Who's playing ?

@ JJR
                          Thanks for the "ET"

Comment

Working...
                          X