Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings

Afternoon all, I'm going up to the airport for the day tomorrow. It's due to be warm again, about 28 degrees, so i think there might be some heat haze. Anybody got any tips on how to set my camera up? As i'm still learning about this whole aviation photography thing.

At the moment i have it on the highest picture size available.

ISO 100

Sharpness set to normal

Any other ways i can try to get some nice sharp images?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Without knowing your camera this is pointless. And no camera setting can avoid heat haze.
    My photo editing guide - updated and improved Feb. 2010
    My Nikon D100,D200,D300, D800, D7200 basic spotting settings guide
    ACIG - the best resource for military aviation information

Comment

I know you can't avoid it, I just asked if there was a way to make the effects of it less noticeable when taking the photo. Cheers for the contribution though, Helpfull.

Comment

What you should of doe m8 is post what your camera specs are and someone will be able to advise you

Comment

Originally posted by Rooftops
          I know you can't avoid it, I just asked if there was a way to make the effects of it less noticeable when taking the photo. Cheers for the contribution though, Helpfull.
          As I said, without knowing your camera, and you did not tell us that yet, it is impossible to give adivce.
          Last edited by seahawk; 2006-07-28, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
            As I siad, without knowing your camera, and you did not ell us that yet, it is impossible to give adivce.
            Hopefully his camera is a better quality than your keyboard !!
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
              LOL
              Nikon D3 - Nikon D2x - Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR - Nikon TC-14EE - Nikon TC-17EE - Nikon SB900 -Nikon AF-S 600mm F4 VR

Comment

LMAO glad he didnt read mine then

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                  If his camera is a wornout as my keyboard at work, then he would probably only see parts of the pictures with 30% staying black.

Comment

The only advice I can really give is to keep your focal lengths down and avoid shooting across tarmac and other surfaces that reflect heat.

Matt
                    My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Heat haze is hard 2 fight... Avoiding pavement is helpfull, also Aircraft not in the first few meters of earth are less effected, so fly by shots might not have as much haze. Also if it's humid, and there is alot of haze from that, a boost in contrast can cut thru a bit.... UV filters can help with that also....a

Comment

Really the only way to minimise it (besides picking the right location) is to try and take full frame shots (i.e. no cropping required), that way when resized the bumps will smooth out a little, probably not by much though.

Also try setting sharpness on +2

Comment

If in bright daylight, ISO 100 f/9.0 1/400th of a sec.

Comment

Cheers guys i will try that, sorry for snapping at you seahawk.

Tom

Comment

Thanks to you people that helped me and all, Managed to get two photo's uploaded now. Hopefully some more coming!!

Thanks again

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X