Best Airshow Lense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davepotter
    Also James how are you finding the 24-105L, seriously thinking of getting a copy of this, would really appreciate your opinion when used for Av photography.
    The 24-105 is awesome....very sharp and consistent. I used it in SXM (see a certain KLM landing shot) and i used it a few weekends back at the Goodwood festival of speed for some motorsports stuff and the results were great.

The only problem is now that as i have the 10-22 and 24-105, i think my 17-40 will be used less and less and may be redundant, but time will tell.

Good luck on picking up a copy in the UK though as they are pretty hard to come by right now.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
      The 24-105 is awesome....very sharp and consistent. I used it in SXM (see a certain KLM landing shot) and i used it a few weekends back at the Goodwood festival of speed for some motorsports stuff and the results were great.

Good luck on picking up a copy in the UK though as they are pretty hard to come by right now.
      Looks like it is definatly a solid buy then and guess what his only gone and found one in the UK . Got a good price (I think :S) and it should be delivered on Wednesday.

Thanks for the push James and I'll report back with some photos in the screening queue for you to have a look at .

Thanks..
      Dave P
      Capital Aviation Photography
      Last edited by davepotter; 2006-07-31, 21:30.
      Best regards,
      Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Got the lens today, took some photos of my brother F/8 in my garden with the sun shining nice and sharp. Went to the airfield, not the best light, F/7.1 and got some nice results 2 of which in the screening queue.

Hopefully will be useful out in Skiathos when I need the wide angle and I need fast shutter speeds.
        Best regards,
        Dave

Saving the World, One Screened Image at a time...

Comment

Working...
        X